More Peavey Deuce VT questions.

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
Inputs guys, it has normal and automix, I know what those do , but it also has effects A and effects B, what do they do?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    So I got the manual, it says ,

The Effects inputs A + B consist of a high gain jack (A) as well as a low gain jack (B) to allow for a gain reduction to handle signals that tend to overload the effects input (A) . Also, two instruments may be connected to the effects channel at equal gain.

I have no idea what that means..

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    It’s hard to put it any more simply... it’s the same as almost any amp with two input jacks for one channel. One input is louder and brighter than the other when you plug in just one instrument, but you can plug in two at the same time, giving equal volume and tone for each.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

So this is basically another input for the guitar? Or any instrument for that matter?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72258
    Any instrument. Just be careful with volume if it’s something like a bass or keyboard.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited May 2018
    And these two inputs are controlled by the ''effects'' section on the front right of the amps control plate? I think I get it now, a+b could be seen as one input and using the automix input simply combines this with the normal input or allows for switching between the two? So far I have only used the automix input as this allows switching between effects and normal.