Used Flint Prices

What's Hot
ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
Hi all, 

I'm GASing for a Strymon Flint and have been wondering about used prices. I originally set aside £150 or so for an MXR Reverb but I think I can push up to nearer to £200 for the tremolo and (frankly amazing) algorithms. 

Point is, I'm told they sell for around £225 used –– but eBay completed listings show a wider pool of about £170-250

I had a few beers last night and started making offers on said website. (It was payday, okay) I think I rattled a few people for asking just under 200 notes. Am I being totally optimistic here? I'm aware I'm asking at the lower end... but I am happy to be patient. Just want to know what I need to prepare for. 

Cheers!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    It's entirely up to you what you're prepared to pay and also to make an offer. It's not like you're only offering £50. One will probably come along at your price point eventually, but you may have to wait a while and accept it may be cosmetically challenged, or without box / PSU / etc.?
    Maybe offering a trade instead of a purchase might get you a deal sooner?
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1396
    Stick at it. I love the Flint but personally think Strymon 2nd band prices are silly. I gave 140 for mine but that was about 5-6 years ago and I think the guy needed to raise some cash quickly so I grabbed a bargain. 

If mine broke tomorow id need to buy another for my band but I wouldn’t give over 200 for one at all. 
    How very rock and roll
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    edited May 2018
    Yep... I’m on the lookout for a Flint but £277 for a new one is a bit too close to most 2nd Hand prices. I think I paid £180 for my last one.
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    tone1 said:
    Yep... I’m on the lookout for a Flint but £277 for a new one is a bit too close to most 2nd Hand prices. I think I paid £180!fir my last one.

Fab. £180 is the price in my head actually -- so will keep eagle eyed!
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Stick at it. I love the Flint but personally think Strymon 2nd band prices are silly.
    Me too.  I paid a bit under £200 but it was a while back and tbh if mine died I'd get a new one rather than a 2nd hand one which was over £200.  Thing is @Shipwreck you could have a really long wait to get one for £180.
    Great pedal.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Shipwreck said:
    tone1 said:
    Yep... I’m on the lookout for a Flint but £277 for a new one is a bit too close to most 2nd Hand prices. I think I paid £180!fir my last one.

Fab. £180 is the price in my head actually -- so will keep eagle eyed!
    I’ve said this before, imho the ‘market’ sets the price - not the buyer.

most Flints will be North of £200
  • ShipwreckShipwreck Frets: 60
    edited May 2018
    No worries at all guys - fully appreciate the honesty.

Gear is only worth what people are willing to pay so I'm happy to accept what the street price is. I'll play the field a bit but will bear this in mind.

It's only a matter of time for me to justify going north of 200... GAS is an insatiable beast... but my wallet has taken a pounding this mont. And like you've all mentioned, there's something a little disconcerting about dropping those kind of digits on used gear. But such is life...!
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    @Shipwreck - the Flint, though, is superb value for money as it has two great pedals in one... :)
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11860
    Buy once, buy right.

its cheaper in the long run.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1596
    Buy once, buy right.

its cheaper in the long run.
    Wisdom awarded 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4180
    Iirc I sold mine for £215, 200-225 seems to be the going rate for s/h Flints
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    edited May 2018
    The new price of strymon pedals has gone up with time/brexit/weak pound so I think the used market has done too.