La Cabronita Bridge Earth

So I’m having a stab at bolting a LaCabronita together and I’ve just noticed there’s no cable route for a bridge Earth wire, and it’s not like a normal Tele where you can hide a multitude of sins under the bridgeplate.
i do have a long drill bit but and reckon I could probably go from under the bridge into the side of the control cavity but it feels like a mission that’s fraught with danger so before embarking I just thought I’d double check that I needed a bridge earth ?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71950
    Yes you do.

If it's too far from the bridge to the control cavity, go through to the bridge pickup cavity instead.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14320
    Are you using a hardtail Stratocaster type bridge or a Bigsby style lump?

Actually, in either case, I suggest that you follow ICBM's suggestion.

Aim for the drill to emerge fair low in the pickup cavity. This way the ground cable can tuck neatly underneath the 'Tron casing. If you are using cavity screening paint, the bridge ground wire can be soldered to the same soldering lug as the pickup cavity grounding wire.
    Be seeing you.