Jesse Davey Dualist & a Tele! Does it work??

What's Hot
Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
So, I been debating/ waiting for one of these to come up on the forum and I always seem to miss them. 
Looks like ill have to buy one new, but before a fork out the best part of £300 for a drive pedal that I've only seen used with a Strat, I was hoping some of you knowledgeable folk might have some input on why I shouldn't. 

I play an avri 52 tele with Joe Bardens. It's a very tele sounding tele ( if you know what I mean) .
I was watching Josh Smiths interview for Guitarist magazine and even he, an almost exclusive tele player switched to a strat to demo the dualist. 

Any info or opinions would be great. 

Thanks
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    I’ve used one with a Telecaster and Strat...it’s great with both but really great with the Strat for that SRV thing.. :)
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    tone1 said:
    I’ve used one with a Telecaster and Strat...it’s great with both but really great with the Strat for that SRV thing.. :)
    I suppose for everything else its just another overdrive pedal. Good to know it works with both though. 
    Cheers for the info.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26921
    It sounds bloody marvellous, espically on glass settings. TS-ish plus BB-ish circuits? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    You're basically asking does a tube screamer and bluesbreaker sound good with a tele. If that's the sound you're after - then yes!

One went on ebay not that long back for north of £300 so I don't think you'd actually lose out that much buying new.