On/off switch on amp or wall?

What's Hot
martmart Frets: 5205
I’ve recently acquired an amp with the on/off switch inconveniently located round the back. Is there any risk to the amp if I just switch it on and off by flicking the switch on the mains socket (which is much easier to get at) rather than using the switch on the amp itself?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    No, it’s exactly the same.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    ICBM said:
    No, it’s exactly the same.
    Thanks. That’s exactly what I was hoping to hear. :)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    The only potential issue with doing it at the wall is if you have other kit running from that same socket, so you may get spurious bumps, whistles, etc. (I have a Minitaur and it screams when it's powered off!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited May 2018
    prowla said:
    The only potential issue with doing it at the wall is if you have other kit running from that same socket, so you may get spurious bumps, whistles, etc. (I have a Minitaur and it screams when it's powered off!)
    Wot, like Bruce Dickenson or a 2 yo that’s been fed peas?

Edit: sorry couldnt resist this train of thought
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    edited May 2018
    I have a Princeton, and the switch is round the back. Use the amp switch because wall socket has other stuff.
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    fandango said:
    prowla said:
    Wot, like Bruce Dickenson or a 2 yo that’s been fed peas?

Edit: sorry couldnt resist this train of thought
    A banshee that's tripped over a crucifix!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom