Anyone using orange ppc2x12 cabs??

What's Hot
riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
I wanted to downsize from my tatty old 4x12 and seen a couple of nice looking orange closed back 2x12s on the 2nd hand market.
I'll be plugging a marshall jcm800 in.

I wondered if anyone has been using the orange cabs??  I've never had one.Yet!! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    I’ve played through a few 2x12’s and they’re alright provided you raise the height of the cab. I too have the big ass ppc4x12 and I love it but a fucker to carry round. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    They’re as heavy as a 412 but sound good. Not as good as the bogner OS or the Mesa recto 212 but still pretty decent 
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    edited May 2018
    I've been using Orange 4x12 cabs at recent gigs and I definitely prefer them to Marshall's. I liked them so much I bought an open back 2x12 as a more portable option. 
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1507
    Go for a Super Fatboy from Zilla.
  • I use an Orange 2x12, sounds great to me and almost as big as a 4x12.

Big downside is it's almost as big as a 4x12, which probably won't help you much.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I use an open-back Orange 2x12.  Well made (even though it's the "cheap" option compared with the closed-back), sounds great and easy to move around.  If you're after a closed-back though, they're a fair bit bigger and heavier.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2296

To me, the closed back 2x12 feels much smaller than an Orange 4x12, after carrying around my ex-bands Orange 4x12s!

The PPC212CB is a heavy and fairly big cabinet, but it is worth it! It's probably the biggest cab I'll need for guitar.

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1079
    rico said:
    I've been using Orange 4x12 cabs at recent gigs and I definitely prefer them to Marshall's. I liked them so much I bought an open back 2x12 as a more portable option. 
    Notice a big difference from using Marshall, which is what was usually supplied at backline shared gigs. Once we started doing more headline shows we could bring our own cabs and the V30's seem to like our amp heads.
  • riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    I think I’m gonna go for it .
  • MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    get ready for it to be as hard to move as a 4x12, worse if it's not on wheels :)

I had one and it was enormous and heavy

• riffpowersriffpowers Frets: 344
    It’s in a flight case with wheels or I wouldn’t even consider it !!