SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT Fender CS '56 Strat Relic; Gibson Non-reverse Firebird Studio BOTH NOW GONE!!

What's Hot
glt56glt56 Frets: 209
edited September 2018 in Guitars £
First up is my 2001 Fender CS '56 Stratocaster in fab Sonic Blue.  I've owned this for around six years and it has always been my fave CS Strat, and believe me, I've had quite a few!  It is in it's original condition, which is reliced and plays like a dream. It weighs 3.61kg (approx 7.95lbs) according to my suitcase scales! The neck profile is a 10/56 “V”, very comfortable and with no fret wear I can see. It plays beautifully with a 9.5" radius fingerboard so bends are easy and there is no choking out.  I've currently got the trem as I prefer which is slightly floating.  The pickups are the original Fender Custom Shop '56 and they sound fabulous with classic Strat spank.  Complete with original case, case candy, Certificate, etc. NEW PRICE £1650 ovno.  Collection from Chester or my works address near Manchester Airport.  Courier can be arranged by buyer with collection from my work address, no worries!  Here's some pics...  I have more if required!

OK, now here's my 2011 Gibson non-reverse Firebird Studio in Pelham Blue.  Superb condition the only mod being chrome pickup covers which I think are better looking than the original black - on this colour Firebird anyway!   I'll put the original black covers in the case too.  From the Gibbo website, it has solid Grade-A Mahogany, with high-gloss Pelham Blue nitrocellulose finish, thin '60s SlimTaper™ neck profile, three revolutionary coil-tapped P-90 pickups, legendary Tune-o-matic bridge and stopbar tailpiece, high quality Mini Grover™ kidney button tuners.  This thing is a Swiss Army knife of a guitar with so many combinations of phase switching and coil tapping!  I'm selling 'cos I've now got an original 1965 Gibson Firebird III non-reverse, and I don't really need two.  These are no longer available from Gibson, so get this baby from me! FINAL PRICE £1000!!!.  Again, collection from Chester or my works address near Manchester Airport.  Courier can be arranged by buyer with collection from my work address, no worries!
So here's some pics...  FINAL PRICE NOW £1000!!   TRADED!

Thanks for looking!

Trades also now possible for either guitar... PRS CU24 Goldtop, Fano JM6, Ricky 360-12, maybe a ES-335... open to offers for something interesting!  Both guitars on eBay so be quick!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dwheeldodwheeldo Frets: 65
    Cor, what a lovely Firebird!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • glt56glt56 Frets: 209
    Bump  :#
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    dwheeldo said:
    Indeed! Any dinks or dents?

dwheeldo said:
    Indeed! Any dinks or dents?
    From memory... none, but you know what memory is like so I'll check it for sure when I get home!
    edited July 2018
    Ok, just got this guitar out again after a good while and I've found two tiny dinks on the front, everywhere else is "tote mintballs"!  I've taken some new photos to try to highlight them.  One thing I should say is that these guitars have a VERY soft nitrocelulose finish so to find one completely undinked is going to  be tough, however, now I've found them I have reduced the price from £1400 to £1200 which I think is fair enough.  Here's the new pics:  PRICE DROP NOW £1200!!

Thanks for looking!
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3135
    Picks jaw up off floor.
    :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Liking the Firebird.
    Other than the additional pick-up obviously, what's the difference between these and the 2015 ones? There seems quite a price gap between them - not sure why.
    Thanks.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Does this have the baked maple fretboard?
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    Thanks but it doesn't really tell me the difference between this and the later ones.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    I've never owned, played or even seen a later one, so except for the pickup config and switching, I'm afraid I don't know what the differences are. Sorry!  :/
  • I had a 2015 and from memory, 2 x mini hums, no coil switching and rosewood board are the main difference. The studio was limited to numbers in the uk of both sunburst and Pelham so a little harder to find now. I’d take this over a 2015 for its versatility and looks. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I had a 2015 and from memory, 2 x mini hums, no coil switching and rosewood board are the main difference. The studio was limited to numbers in the uk of both sunburst and Pelham so a little harder to find now. I’d take this over a 2015 for its versatility and looks. 
    Many thanks for this info. It is an incredibly versatile guitar, perhaps a little too versatile for some.  :o
    edited June 2018