HNGD PRS McCarty Limited

SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
edited March 2014 in Guitar
Just took delivery of this secondhand beauty yesterday having missed out on Forges Ltd Korina Mira last week, the McCarty is very lively both in terms of sound and playability, built beautifully, lightweight compared to an LP, great wide fat neck and lovely Nitro Smokeburst finish with outline birds. Oh and those 57/08 pickups provide some sweet sweet sounds! Its not a 10 top but boy it has a lively figured top. Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3889
    That looks really nice. I've always wanted to try a McCarty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2326
    edited March 2014
    sweet :D

the mccarty i tried was my favourite prs (out of the ones i've tried). nice colour, too
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    Sweet guitar! Happy new guitar day!
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Beauty   :)

• MoltisantiMoltisanti Frets: 1131
    I used to have a custom 22 identical to that, it was my favourite prs

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Nice I really want to try a guitar with 57/08s.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Beautiful looking guitar.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    Very nice - I'm not so into the non trem PRS but I could happily have one like that!   Hope you're enjoying it :)
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice. I really am developing GAS for a PRS.
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Couldn't have come at a better time, there are some fantastic bargains out there at the moment. Great time to be a buyer, less so if your a seller  >:D< 
    Plus you know that they all came out of the factory just perfect, and it's not luck of the draw if you get a "good one". Now, as to if it's been thrashed and butchered, well that's another matter >:) A good 50% of the ones you see for sale seem to be "under the bed" examples though.
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    Im new to the whole PRS thing having been a Gibson player (mostly) for 25 odd years, but im finding that most of the tones i want i can get from one PRS guitar.
    Zodiac51 said:
    Couldn't have come at a better time, there are some fantastic bargains out there at the moment. Great time to be a buyer, less so if your a seller  >:D< 
    Plus you know that they all came out of the factory just perfect, and it's not luck of the draw if you get a "good one". Now, as to if it's been thrashed and butchered, well that's another matter >:) A good 50% of the ones you see for sale seem to be "under the bed" examples though.

your so right!, this example is practically mint barring a little nickel tarnish on the pup covers! Like another observed theres some astounding bargains to be had on the secondhand PRS market at the moment.

• JeztoneJeztone Frets: 27
    How Much?
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

Great choice Simon, I felt bad when the Mira suddenly went but it was for quite a bit more cash than on here.

I think this one will bring you twice the happiness of the Mira, just stunning!

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2158
    I put off trying a PRS for ten years. At the tail end of last year I fancied a guitar with a gibsony feel which also had decent split coil sounds. The guitar also had to have a trem which wasn't crap or overly complicated to maintain. So it was time for me to scratch that PRS itch.
    I never ever thought I'd contemplate selling my SG (I've owned it since 98, I learned my chops on it etc etc). But when I got my PRS..... I thought "now I want a Mira".

As others have said some fantastic bargains to be had. Most of these guitars are cherished items. The chap I bought mine off of fell in love with my Strat and asked me if the PRS was okay. It has some buckle rash and a few chips. But it's an instrument to be played imho. It's not beaten to hell or anything. The McCarty model was my second choice, I literally only found out about the DGT model a few months ago.I went for that as It had everything I wanted : coil taps, tremolo, CU22 setup and most importantly for me twin volume knobs. But the McCarty was on my wish list for the last ten years or so.

Fingers crossed I can get mine back from the shop soon :(  If anything I need to be in a band playing it! Enjoy your new guitar :D
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    If I were going to buy a PRS I think that exact guitar would be the one.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
    edited April 2014
    That be right purdy, that. Nice gassage, sir.

@Zodiac51 - erm, stupid question alert, but what's an 'under the bed' example? Never heard that one before. Does that mean it's spent all its time under the bed cos no one's ever played it or is it another term for 'fallen off the back of a lorry' or what? Honestly never heard that expression before.
    :-/
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    TheOtherDennis;203601" said:

@Zodiac51 - erm, stupid question alert, but what's an 'under the bed' example? Never heard that one before. Does that mean it's spent all its time under the bed cos no one's ever played it or is it another term for 'fallen off the back of a lorry' or what? Honestly never heard that expression before.

Cosseted, mint, blemish free, ne'er been so much as breathed on.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    I've not yet had any sort of fancy for a PRS guitar. Although the cellulose lacquer ones piqued a brief notice. But that does look mighty nice. I might have a try of one with the wide/fat next time I'm near to a guitar emporium.
  • jd0272 said:
    TheOtherDennis;203601" said:

Cosseted, mint, blemish free, ne'er been so much as breathed on.
    Thank you for taking pity on a poor, confused old man. :)

So my initial guess was right, which is a relief, I'm not quite as far behind everyone else as I thought. Just not as close as I thought, either.
    :D
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    @TheOtherDennis the Land of Old and Confused ain't exclusive mate! Yer not alone. ;)