First ever guitar build!

What's Hot
ChaosJunky135ChaosJunky135 Frets: 11
edited June 2018 in Making & Modding
So about 4 months back i started this project, it was for a friend of mine who has always wanted a heavy relic strat but never been able to afford one so i started this. Sadly she passed away in an accident about 2 weeks ago and never got to see it. I just got it finished tonight and in memory of her it will be plaid at the gig we are putting on at the after do of the funeral. 
Specs
1 piece alder body
1 piece maple neck with thick rosewood stripe 
Fender strat spec
Seymour Duncan Texas hot pickups with a pickup blend.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8820
    tFB Trader
    Very sad mate. And very fitting that it is played in her memory. I knew recognised the body too, I sprayed this one last year. I’m glad it’s going to be used 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Looks great, 

It takes a great friend to do that for someone, credit mate!
  • lonestar said:
    Very sad mate. And very fitting that it is played in her memory. I knew recognised the body too, I sprayed this one last year. I’m glad it’s going to be used 
    I made this body from scratch and did all the relic work myself. She did send me a load of pics of a guitar to follow though and I copied it as close as i could so I'm guessing the pics were of your body? 
    tFB Trader
  • lonestar said:
    I didn't do quite as much yellowing on mine but followed the chequing as close as iicould with a blade. I' really glad I found the original. I'm sure it didn't take you 2 months to do the relic work on the original though haha. Hope it is okay that I used your design?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16543
    You should get a job at the Fender custom shop.... they can never copy wear as accurately as that!   

I am going to be a dick and ask if you have any progress pics.  It looks like you are trying to pass off someone else’s work as your own.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2370
    Sorry to hear of your friend passing, 
    Uncanny how you got the exact same wood grain, what are the chances!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sawyersawyer Frets: 732
    edited June 2018
    Absolutely identical. 
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:
    Hope it is okay that I used your....
    Yeah it’s cool :) how did you get on with the colour coat? 
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    WezV said:
    You should get a job at the Fender custom shop.... they can never copy wear as accurately as that!   

I am going to be a dick and ask if you have any progress pics.  It looks like you are trying to pass off someone else’s work as your own.
    I’m going to be an even bigger dick!!!

I made this body from scratch and did all the relic work myself. 
    And call the above complete bollocks!...

21 years spending every working day staring at photographs tells me I’m right!...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1839
    If that isn't lonestar's body then I'm Nicholas Parsons.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12255
    Whats the current betting, thread wains slowly due to no reply or it goes down in a hail of bullets and closed? : )
    tFB Trader
    Good morning fellas. I think the best thing is to leave this one alone.

This is a body I sprayed for Axecaster last year. It’s probably safe to assume that the OP knows he’s been caught with his hand in the cookie jar and for that reason I can’t  see him replying further. 

On any other forum this would have run into a lengthy thread talking about the ins and outs of the build. It may have very well done so here too had I not mentioned how familiar the body looked.

To maintain the integrity of the forum I think we should simply call it quits here put an end to it. Of course, it’s not my thread (or forum) so I can’t enforce that but I’m assuming that the OP has seen the flack directed at him and probably won’t offer any info about the body (because it’s an American alder, Japanese cut, nitro finished body), that he didn’t make or finish. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2370
    Howay man, let the lads have their sport :D