https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    Brilliant!

I didn't get the last bit though, where he was on about Einstein, saying that they weren't moving at all?  It bloody looked like they were!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    <3  Brian :)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Nitefly said:
    Brilliant!

I didn't get the last bit though, where he was on about Einstein, saying that they weren't moving at all?  It bloody looked like they were!

Einstein made a mental leap that to be fair is pretty difficult to get your head round :)

Gravity isn't a force - it's a warping of space-time. As such, any object at rest on the ground (apparently) is in free-fall towards the centre of the earth - only the ground is in the way..
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    The planet is also gravitationally attracted to the bowling ball and the feathers - albeit by a very, very small amount.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    That's pretty darned awesome.

Although it does make me wonder - given that the vast majority of our existence is like the vacuum of that test centre, how the f**k are any of us alive in the first place?!?!
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10396
    The mass of the earth has "curved" the fabric of space (AND) time .... to the point even something that should normally shine straight like a light beam will be bent by gravity ....... it was an eclipse that proved his theory, the massive gravity of the sun bending the light from a star only viewable during an eclipse.

Gravity (and speed) also affect time .... to the point your Sat nav triangle system needs to take this into account otherwise you would quickly be of course within a few miles ... as time moves faster for the orbiting satellites due to their speed and the lower gravity orbiting above the earth 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    Multiple choice answers:
    1) It is the divine will of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.
    2) We got lucky.
    3) 42.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72239
    The Weak Anthropic Principle.

ie it's only in a universe (and in a part of it) capable of supporting life, that life will be able to evolve and understand that it does, AKA a self-fulfilling condition of our existence.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Einstein's real genius was way back at the start of the 20th century he managed to work out that gravity and acceleration are the same as far as us mere humans are concerned. 

So weightlessness in space (in orbit) is just constant freefall. Or something like that.

Either that or it's BS he made up for the US government and the earth is, in fact, flat.
    ICBM said:
    The Weak Anthropic Principle.

ie it's only in a universe (and in a part of it) capable of supporting life, that life will be able to evolve and understand that it does, AKA a self-fulfilling condition of our existence.
    You mean like light only acts as particles when its measured as such by us?
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    "Keep the camera on me, Barry..."
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    So weightlessness in space (in orbit) is just constant freefall. Or something like that.
    Like lots of kids I wanted to be an astronaut. Then one day I realised what being in orbit must actually be like. "Weightlessness" doesn't feel like floating around all serenely. It's literally the same as falling. Falling constantly for months at a time. Fuck that.
    Cirrus said:
    Like lots of kids I wanted to be an astronaut. Then one day I realised what being in orbit must actually be like. "Weightlessness" doesn't feel like floating around all serenely. It's literally the same as falling. Falling constantly for months at a time. Fuck that.
    I'd never be able to finish a sentence.. "Can someone pass me the saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.."

etc..
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72239
    Bridgehouse said:

No - basically, it's the answer to the question "isn't it remarkably lucky that the Earth happens to be such a perfect planet for life?"

No. It's not lucky at all, it's a certainty because if it wasn't then we wouldn't be here to wonder about it! When you think about it, it's so obvious that it doesn't really need formulating into a principle, but that's philosophers for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    Bridgehouse said:

No - basically, it's the answer to the question "isn't it remarkably lucky that the Earth happens to be such a perfect planet for life?"

No. It's not lucky at all, it's a certainty because if it wasn't then we wouldn't be here to wonder about it! When you think about it, it's so obvious that it doesn't really need formulating into a principle, but that's philosophers for you...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle
    Yeah, you're right - that's a crap principle.

I would have preferred a bears shitting in woods/trees making a noise/particles acting hooky one over a crappy "life only exists in places where the life there can define it as being suitable for life" one...
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    We're all living in a computer simulation anyway. Generated by our technologically advanced ancestors. Elon Musk says so, so it must be true:

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24260
    edited June 2018
    The planet is also gravitationally attracted to the bowling ball and the feathers - albeit by a very, very small amount.
    Does that mean the whole planet is also gravitationally attracted to my ball(s) ?  Wow....   that's some masculinity affirming shit right there....  I'm pulling the entire planet Earth with my bollocks.

Yeah baby !
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    We're all living in a computer simulation anyway. Generated by Deep Thought, for the, er, mice.

Douglas Adams says so, so it must be true:
    fixed
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1299
    edited June 2018
    I doubt you ever pulled with your bollocks.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Emp_Fab said:
    Does that mean the whole planet is also gravitationally attracted to my ball(s) ?  Wow....   that's some masculinity affirming shit right there....  I'm trolling the entire Fretboard with my bollocks.

Yeah baby !
    FTFY 

;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom