SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD : 1997 Fender Cunetto Stratocaster, 3-tone S/B, RWB : SOLD

wishboneswishbones Frets: 46
edited June 2018 in Guitars £

Highly desirable early Cunetto 3-tone sunburst with gold hardware, fantastic figured neck. Weight 3.45kg. All original as far as I can tell with correct ink stampings and 'impressed' logos on the body and neck. Plays and sounds as good as it looks. Unfortunately no COA, as bought from Nicks Guitars a few years ago, it came with nearly all the body paint chipped/worn off, although the original colour was under the guard (the '800' body stamp denotes 3-tone sunburst on these earlier models) and stainless steel frets. I hated the frets and had them replaced straight away with standard nickel steel medium jumbos. After a while I had the body refinished in nitro by Eternal Guitars Sussex who did a superb job with a medium relic to match the neck. Comes with a non original case, an early 80s Fender Tweed AVRI case with real leather end caps, I've seen these sell for £200+ alone.

So an early Cunetto Strat for the price of a regular Custom Shop, no contest in my opinion having owned a few CS Relics.

Priced to sell at £1800 firm, cash on collection S.West, no trades or swaps. Potential buyers PM only please.

Pictures at: https://imgur.com/a/oiBs2rm

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2329
    OMG......I was the first owner of this guitar! Can't for the life of me find my old polaroid pics but I have them somewhere including one of its COA. I knew the serial before I looked at your pics....R2790. Can't believe its it was stripped of its finish before you got it. 
    This guitar was THE guitar used in the Fender Frontline catalogues back in 97/98. It came to me direct from Fender via my dealer. When I sold it in 1999, it even had the original shipping box. Its totally legit bar the work you detail. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wishboneswishbones Frets: 46
    edited June 2018
    Most interesting, thank you for sharing. Be great if you found the picture of the COA. Without doubt the best Strat I’ve owned, that includes a few 60s originals and a very reluctant sale.
    I actually spent two hours searching for them last night, only one I found was a pic that the developers mucked up so its only of half the guitar. It has the distinct grain line that runs from the back of the trem out to the edge of the body. Had skinny frets originally. Least the pickups are still in place. Wonder who stripped it, it was a stunner new hence why Fender used it for their catalogue.
  • wishboneswishbones Frets: 46
    SOLD : Special thanks to Strat54 for his input. Gone to capable hands and good home.
    I know the pics will turn up one day, just not now, sorry. If you keep the new owners details then I will forward them to you when they do. Glad to see its sold.