Premiership matches via Amazon

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
in Off Topic tFB Trader
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396151

So if you have to pay for Sky, and now pay for BT as well, you'll be chuffed that soon you'll need Amazon Prime as well - just wait until Apple, Google and/or Netflix want to join in - Powerful organisations that will/can outbid whoever they want to - Would be nice IMO if we paid 1 outlet to view as many matches - I don't want 2/3/4 subscription packages for sport/football
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I already have prime, so I'm torn

Quite happy, but appalled that 3 subscriptions are needed 

Worth noting, Out of the 20 games, 10 are all on boxing day, the other 10 are the first round of midweek
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Amazon will own everything .. it's rumoured they may be interested in Gibson guitars.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7338
    Amazon Prime-rship
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

And before someone brings up tv license.. yes I do pay for that, smarty pants.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 454
    hassleham said:
    As someone who refuses to pay for TV but has amazon prime, I am thrilled :)

And before someone brings up tv license.. yes I do pay for that, smarty pants.
    If you don't watch it , you don't have to pay for a TV licence. You could just stick with on demand (iplayer excluded).

I like the idea of some of the footy being on Amazon.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    I have sky, amazon prime and netflix.  It irritates me that half the football is now on BT and I watch a lot of boxing and a lot of that is on either BT or Boxnation (or pay per view).  If I didn't have prime this would irritate me just as much.

It is getting spread very thin now.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    I'd rather they didn't bother and kept the price of the subscription lower.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I usually watch games via NowTV which is £6.99 pay-per-view. I can't pay £40+ for a monthly subscription for stuff I don't watch, and it suits me. 
  • jellyrolljellyroll Frets: 3073
    Its 2 game days, so 2 matches of whichever team one follows out of a 38 game season....
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I watch via iptv £40 year for the lot. I use it only for the sport as it can be a bit glitchy and the Mrs will twat me right in the face if Corrie or Easties freezes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5417
    The price of Prime alone will likely only be enough to buy into the *option* of viewing - they will surely charge extra for it, like they are doing with other sport “channels” they now offer through Amazon Video. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14227
    tFB Trader
    fixtures are not out yet - What are the chances that Amazon requested one or two big matches that day like Spurs/Arsenal/Chelsea derby and a North West Derby with either Liverpool/MCFC/MUFC - far more viewing figures than Brighton v Bournemouth
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5417
    I stand corrected anyway - will all be included for Prime members at no cost, Amazon will show 20 matches total. 

With rumours that The Grand Tour is heading for the exit I guess they need a marquee media incentive for a certain demographic...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Cool, I've got an intermittent interest in premiership football and I have Prime.

This deal is presumably aimed at punters like me...
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • There’s talk of prime membership going up in price soon anyway 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    Feck all that. If it's not on regular TV I ain't paying extra. 

More and more people the world over are watching football via illegal streaming. This circus of paying players stupid money, TV deals worth billions etc will all go belly up as they have all got way too greedy. Can't happen soon enough if you ask me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    We've had Prime for a few years it's been pretty good value as we buy lots through Amazon and there is loads of kids stuff and films. Football is a bonus. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

If there’s any fixtues I want to see I just walk round the corner to the pub.  They can deal with the various subscriptions required, not my problem.
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    God damn captilalism who do these companies think they are asking us to pay money for services they provide eh?!

in all seriousness they obviously tendered the better bid than the other 3. It won’t affect me as I don’t do football but at least with prime you get other benefits, what benefits do you get with sky or BT subscription (aside from the UFC PPV, the only reason I have BTSport)?
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7324
    I don't follow football, but doesn't this kind of thing just encourage people to torrent it? 

Paying even more money to watch vs paying nothing with a non existent chance of there being any consequences must be tempting.