Choliday

What's Hot
boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12358

:) AKA Chinese holiday

Bride of Boogie and I have realised we're getting to the age where we're finding long haul trips harder so we've decided to cross a few things off the bucket list while we still can. Also I don't want to be in the same position as my aged mum, with money in the bank but lots of regrets for getting too old to spend it on seeing the world.

So, we're not long back from a couple of weeks in China. Bit of a Greatest Hits type tour, visiting the usual tourist stuff on an organised schedule with a group of other people, so no real time to see anything off piste and certainly no time for guitar shops or Chibson factories. Fantastic trip though and we managed to fit a huge amount in, courtesy of four internal flights and a very efficient tour guide.

I took thousands of photos but I won't bore everyone by posting endless pics, just some of the better ones. I'll do a kind of blog post of the whole trip if anyone's interested, but here's a few tasters for now.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12358

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10689
    So shanghai, Xi’an (which is amazing isn’t it), where else did you go? Amazing photos!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6786
    boogieman said:

I couldn’t give a dam about your holiday snaps....
    IGMC
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
     viz said:
    So shanghai, Xi’an (which is amazing isn’t it), where else did you go? Amazing photos!

Thank you kind sir.

Yup, Xi'an was our favourite place...loved the terrcotta warriors but the lights in the town are great too.

We started in Beijing, ended up in Shanghai and went to Xi'an, Guilin, Wuhan, Chongqing and Yang Zhou in between. Part of the trip was a four day cruise down the Yangtze (where we saw the Three Gorges dam) and we had a day on the Li River too.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24281
    Wow... those pics are super sharp & clear!
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    Fantastic pics, sounds like a trip of a lifetime.

Cheers. I've got a decent DSLR camera and lenses...they're a pain in the arse to carry around tbh but I think the results are worth it in the long run.

• vizviz Frets: 10689
    boogieman said:
     viz said:

Thank you kind sir.

Yup, Xi'an was our favourite place...loved the terrcotta warriors but the lights in the town are great too.

We started in Beijing, ended up in Shanghai and went to Xi'an, Guilin, Wuhan, Chongqing and Yang Zhou in between. Part of the trip was a four day cruise down the Yangtze (where we saw the Three Gorges dam) and we had a day on the Li River too.

Amazing. Yes the muslim quarter in Xi’an is excellent. The food!!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.

@viz Agreed on the Muslim Quarter food! What an amazing place.

Squid on a stick or pig's feet with chilli anyone?

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2760
    mrkb said:
    boogieman said:

I couldn’t give a dam about your holiday snaps....
    IGMC
    But it’s Gorge ous
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    Did you get the squits??
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Amazing pictures .I spent some time in HK, but would love to visit China at some point too. Those pictures look really good.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Wow, that looks amazing! China is on my bucket list too :) Pics are great, Moaar!
    57Deluxe said:
    Did you get the squits??
    No, surprisingly not. We took high strength probiotics before and during the trip as a precaution ( learnt that lesson when we went to India) but only a couple of people in our group had any stomach trouble. The food was actually really good... imagine the best Chinese food you’ve ever had in the U.K. but 10 times better because the ingredients are ultra fresh. The water is the real problem as the tap water can’t be trusted, but stick to bottled water for drinking, making hot drinks and teeth cleaning and there’s no real issue. 

quarky said:
    Amazing pictures .I spent some time in HK, but would love to visit China at some point too. Those pictures look really good.
    Ta!  ;)
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
    You have a talent with a camera, fantastic photos

LuttiS said:
    Wow, that looks amazing! China is on my bucket list too :) Pics are great, Moaar!
    Cheers. I’ll put some more up tomorrow. 
    MikeS said:
    You have a talent with a camera, fantastic photos
    Thank you.  ;)