eBay weirdness

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
I found an obscure CD that I was interested in. 2 days to go, no bids and it was 99p start.

I stuck a bid on and that very second I got a reply telling me that I had been outbid and I could raise my amount, and there were now 3 bids on the CD???

Seems weird to me, some kind of auto bid that only kicks on if someone else bids. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    The list of bids should give times for when each was placed. Automatic proxy bids may be described as such.

If the two other bids purport to have been placed substantially earlier than yours, be suspicious. 

If you genuinely want the item, place a second, marginally higher bid and wait for the auction to end. It is possible that the two other bidders mysteriously withdraw at the last moment, leaving you as the auction winner by default.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I didn't bother bidding higher, seems like some kind of seller scam to me to hike price up so I just walked away. Bought 2 other CDs instead.
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    On @Randomreg thread, you commented "First world problems". Does the same apply here? ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Chalky said:
    On @Randomreg thread, you commented "First world problems". Does the same apply here? ;)
    Absolutely! My life is full of them.