Ask Nita Strauss....

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 11916
Since I rather enthusiastically joined in her Kickstarter campaign, I'll be having a Skype chat with Nita Strauss at some point in the near future.

While I don't really want it to turn into a full-on interview-type affair, I figured I'd be remiss if I didn't offer you guys the chance to ask questions. So...what would you ask her if you could, which she hasn't already answered in her previous interviews?

I'll try to record it, but that sort of thing's a bit maybe-works on my machine for some reason.

Also...if anybody's tempted to be a dick about it, please don't. She might be reading...
"Mains is ouchy if you get it up you" - Sporky
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16979
    How did she get the Alice Cooper gig?
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 853
    Fretwired said:
    Wasted question - just watch Hired Gun, that will give you the answer ;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 476
    Has she kept in touch with Jason Becker?
    What's her favourite Iron Maiden song?
    What is Alice Cooper really like?
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 7198
    These probably aren't the most amazing questions but if you don't get any better ones:

Nita did say something about having to change her style when she got the Cooper gig, what kind of things did she have to work on and how did she approach them? 

As a 'gun for hire' does she put stylistic limits on any gig she would take or would she have a go at anything? Working with a band or artist whose music she didn't really like or the music was completely out of her comfort zone (as  examples)? 
    Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 2930
    Ask her about her favourite Nita Strauss meme
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 3149
    Does she have any go-to warm up/practice routines?
  • vizviz Frets: 4951
    Who else is she planning to work with? It’d be great if she and Greg Howe could do something. 
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 2131
    What's her top tip for getting stage confidence, to go out in front of people and not freeze up like you've been bitten by a poisonous frog?
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to Mary Spender
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 16979
    joneve said:
    Fretwired said:
    Wasted question - just watch Hired Gun, that will give you the answer ;) 
    No it won't .. it just gives you the glossy heads up cleared by the PR department. DS can get the juicy inside track ..
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
  • BowksBowks Frets: 78
    Ask this please:

If you could change the each of your fingers of one hand to 5 different chocolate or candy bars, which would she choose and which finger would each one be?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 2926
    What does she use to get her core sound?

Is she still on good terms with The Iron Maidens?

Does she think she could take on Orianthi in a dual (guitars or otherwise)?

So does she think music in her genes/blood, since she is related to the other 'Strauss'?

I think she is great and an inspiration for women, I keep telling my daughters to listen to her playing.

How much does it weigh? & Does it play like butter?

You can now read my insane guitar ramblings daily here http://www.gearnews.com
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 853
    stonevibe said:
    What does she use to get her core sound?

Is she still on good terms with The Iron Maidens?

Does she think she could take on Orianthi in a dual (guitars or otherwise)?

So does she think music in her genes/blood, since she is related to the other 'Strauss'?

I think she is great and an inspiration for women, I keep telling my daughters to listen to her playing.

The 'Strauss' lineage thing is an old wive's tale unfortunately :( 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 9081

What is Alice Cooper really like?
    Wasted question.  Just watch Wayne’s world 2.  

;)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • musteatbrainmusteatbrain Frets: 508
    edited June 8
    My staple question to anyone with any modicum of fame is always, who’d win in a fight, a penguin or a monkey?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 1004
    If not ibanez superstrat, what guitar? 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 7198
    Struggling to believe we’ve got this far and no one has wanted to know her favourite cheese. 
    Dum dum dum, dum dum de dum, dum dum dum, dum dummmm.
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 627
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1905
    Did DiMarzio build her Pandemoniums around the True Velvet or was the TV the closest fit? If the latter, why didn't DM create a bespoke single coil for the Pandemoniums? There really aren't many HSH sets available off the peg so to speak so I was hoping her sig set would include the single coil. Funnily enough it's because of Nita that I've got Evos & D'Activators and now she's got a hybrid of the two!

How/why did she choose to use the S as a signature instrument over the RG?

Has she got any non-Ibanez's at home, and does she own any other artist signature instrument including Jems?

If Doc Emmett Brown turned up on her driveway in the Deloren to take her back to 1985, which act would she want to play on at Live Aid and which guitar from all time would she take with her?
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DLMDLM Frets: 1823
    Could someone perhaps do me a favour and link up some really great playing of hers? I've watched a fair few clips over the years, but I'm just not sold at all, musically...
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 2131
    I'd be interested to hear Nita's take on "metoo" and how it applies or doesn't apply in the music industry.

She is, let's face it, a beautiful woman, in a male dominated industry full of utter bastards.
    Warning: this post may contain overtly affectionate references to Mary Spender
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 3149
    If she had to chose, would she rather fight a horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7026
    DLM said:
    Could someone perhaps do me a favour and link up some really great playing of hers? I've watched a fair few clips over the years, but I'm just not sold at all, musically...
    Have you seen the Jason Becker video?

https://youtu.be/3Ti5rWHOkZ0
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1390
    joeyowen said:
    If she had to chose, would she rather fight a horse sized duck, or 100 duck sized horses

Asking the important questions. 
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 1872
    edited June 10
    I’m with @DLM  on this one, swept arpeggios and lines are just tedious, I’d be more inclined to ask if it’s actually easier to get gigs because she is a woman ? Let’s face it, there are a lot better guitar players out there than Orianthe and Nita etc but if a big name wants the stage image of a woman on set etc,  is it a case of Sex Sells ? I do think it’s an interesting angle, it goes across genders as well with someone not fitting into the bands image etc, ie Coverdales Whitesnake  going all poodle rock and obviously not a “fit” for Bernie and Mickey
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 941
    Not my sort of music but theres no doubt shes got talent, it's one thing to pull off sweep arpeggios etc in private but getting the timing right in a band context in front of a huge crowd must be bloody hard. Seems like a nice person too and it's not her fault she lucked out in the looks dept !
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 11916
    sweepy said:
    I’m with @DLM  on this one, swept arpeggios and lines are just tedious, I’d be more inclined to ask if it’s actually easier to get gigs because she is a woman ? Let’s face it, there are a lot better guitar players out there than Orianthe and Nita etc but if a big name wants the stage image of a woman on set etc,  is it a case of Sex Sells ? I do think it’s an interesting angle, it goes across genders as well with someone not fitting into the bands image etc, ie Coverdales Whitesnake  going all poodle rock and obviously not a “fit” for Bernie and Mickey
    I'd say Orianthi and Nita Strauss are totally different propositions. Orianthi's pretty good at what she does, but she's a solo artist. Nita is a hired gun, who can play pretty much anything she's asked to. She also puts on a damn good show on a big stage (which is more than any of us can, I'd say) and we know she works bloody hard at it. Sure, the fact that she's not fugly can't hurt, but it strikes me that's far from the reason she's always got a gig lined up; she's not the main attraction at the gigs she plays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 3379
    DLM said:
    Have you seen the Jason Becker video?

https://youtu.be/3Ti5rWHOkZ0
    She looks nice without all the slap on (she looks hot with it too)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • GarthyGarthy Frets: 1905
    sweepy said:
    I'd say Orianthi and Nita Strauss are totally different propositions. Orianthi's pretty good at what she does, but she's a solo artist. Nita is a hired gun, who can play pretty much anything she's asked to. She also puts on a damn good show on a big stage (which is more than any of us can, I'd say) and we know she works bloody hard at it. Sure, the fact that she's not fugly can't hurt, but it strikes me that's far from the reason she's always got a gig lined up; she's not the main attraction at the gigs she plays.
    I agree, she's no song writer which in itself is a hell of a talent that makes or breaks artists but she's learns other people's songs at a sickening rate.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 11916
    Garthy said:
    sweepy said:
    I agree, she's no song writer which in itself is a hell of a talent that makes or breaks artists but she's learns other people's songs at a sickening rate.
    Well, that's kind of the point of this Kickstarter thing - we'll get to find out :)
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 1017
    Who is Nita Strauss?