Buddy Guy - Cognac ft. Jeff Beck, Keith Richards

What's Hot

Comments

• AlvinAlvin Frets: 414
    Buddy is one of my hero's , and was looking forward to his new album but then i saw James Bay is   on it , that's one guest appearance i don't understand .      I have nothing against his music but if Buddy wanted a young and upcoming talent why didn't he just bring in his pal Quinn Sullivan   .  
       I only see James Bay as a radio friendly pop act not a "blues gunslinger" . 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22714
    I like that blue polka dot Tele on the album cover.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Alvin said:
    Buddy is one of my hero's , and was looking forward to his new album but then i saw James Bay is   on it , that's one guest appearance i don't understand .      I have nothing against his music but if Buddy wanted a young and upcoming talent why didn't he just bring in his pal Quinn Sullivan   .  
       I only see James Bay as a radio friendly pop act not a "blues gunslinger" . 

Then you probably need to look into James Bay's history a little then.

Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    Rabs said:

It has to be said that Buddy didn't innovate too much on this did he?   And I'm a fan.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2607
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader

Some more here...  No, not particularly innovative but then I think hes done enough. I don't expect him to change much at his age. I think the fact he is still going is good enough and quite an achievement :)