NPD Fender original p bass

bandmaster188bandmaster188 Frets: 390
just put an original 62 in to replace the Seymour quarter pounder in my p bass. Despite a fair few reviews saying that these pickups are very bright and lack low end, I have to say I'm not really experiencing this. I gigged with it on Friday and was very pleased with the sound. I left my amp settings the same as usual and I didn't need to adjust this at all. I was looking for a more traditional p bass sound and this pickup seems to be ticking all the right boxes. Less boomy than the QP and doesn't seem to be lacking in power.
@Funkfingers quoted  blobulent throb as a classic p bass sound and I believe this has been achieved.
Just need to grow a beard and start smoking a pipe!
The Swamp City Shakers
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7953
    I think that’s the pickup in my P bass (the last of the US Standards before the name change).

If so I love it. I play low tuned heavy rock music and it just has that classic character to me, but still more than enough power and clarity for a low B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilMcGNeilMcG Frets: 62
    I like the original 62 pickup too, I put one in my mexi p-bass. It sounds well balanced to me, not over-bright at all.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom