WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4910
    scrumhalf said:
    Cracking game between Spain and Portugal.

Morocco-Iran game spoiled by Iranians throwing themselves to the ground at every opportunity.

So much this - I was amazed there was only 6 minutes added time, thought it would be more like 16!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3898
    Meh..ssi
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3898
    The argies shouldn't be too embarrassed after that, after all we pummelled them in '82 and Iceland did us over in 2016 so it's all swings and roundabouts.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    seems you really can't beat a prawn ring...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Wouldn't want to win it, it'd sink anyway, what's the point.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Croatia were a bit lucky. 

I know these aren't top teams but FFS how do teams as poor as Croatia and Nigeria actually get to the World Cup? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1302
    It's 32 teams.  You do kind of run out of top-10 International teams somewhere around the double-figures mark.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  Croatia aren’t poor, they have quality players. For a nation of 4 million souls they are damn good at football. They won comfortably not playing well. Croatia v Argentina on Thursday will be a big match. 
     Croatia aren’t poor, they have quality players. For a nation of 4 million souls they are damn good at football. They won comfortably not playing well. Croatia v Argentina on Thursday will be a big match. 
    Some quality players in the Nigerian team too but for a World Cup competition it was a fairly low standard of football. Early days I suppose. 
  • MagicPigDetectiveMagicPigDetective Frets: 3021
    edited June 2018
    It was a poor game. Argentina were poor too, but yes it’s early days.  Denmark Peru was far far more enjoyable. Peru gave it all and were unlucky. They were positive in everything they did
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    The press are reporting Croatia's first goal as an own goal by Etebo.  I've only seen one angle but it looks like the ball bounces under his leg.  Bit mean to call it an own-goal, even if it did touch his leg.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    It was a poor game. Argentina were poor too, but yes it’s early days.  Denmark Peru was far far more enjoyable. Peru gave it all and were unlucky. They were positive in everything they did
    I only saw a few minutes of that game. I’m rooting for Peru though after an article on the radio about their fans. There are about 50,000 Peruvians who have travelled. It’s a very long and not straightforward journey but they are seeing it as a once in a life time opportunity so I hope they get some reward for all that effort. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12338
    Club football has come on so much that international football looks a bit amateurish at times.  Spain, Germany and Brazil make it look great but otherwise no-one has looked amazing.  A few games in we will see levels improve, when we're out obviously!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Did you see that ludicrous display last night? The thing about Peru is they’ll always try to walk it in
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Both the Danes and Croats labelled as "efficient if unexciting" by the TV pundits ...

Except if England had put in those performances, they'd be world class etc etc 

I thought both teams played well, and are probably both better teams than England. We may not find out though after we fail to get out of the group! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    munckee said:
    Club football has come on so much that international football looks a bit amateurish at times.  Spain, Germany and Brazil make it look great but otherwise no-one has looked amazing.
    and England will make it look Championship mid table on a cold Feb Weds eve...in the Midlands...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I switch on 5 minutes before kick-off to get the team news, and switch off after the final whistle - pundit avoidance is good!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Nitefly said:
    I've given up with the "pundits" - endless talking heads spouting bollocks.

I switch on 5 minutes before kick-off to get the team news, and switch off after the final whistle - pundit avoidance is good!

I really hate that the build up to every game, no matter who's playing, the "experts" have to talk shite about England for 20 minutes. 

"All the latest breaking news from the England camp: The players enjoyed breakfast but are upset that they weren't allowed a gang bang last night"

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6874
    Ok here we go! Being of Deutsch heritage I’m rooting for both England and Germany...

Not usually football fan but I love the world cup and Euros!  
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    57Deluxe said:
    munckee said:
    Club football has come on so much that international football looks a bit amateurish at times.  Spain, Germany and Brazil make it look great but otherwise no-one has looked amazing.
    and England will make it look Championship mid table on a cold Feb Weds eve...in the Midlands...
    That's wishful thinking. Vanarama league more like.