WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Am multi tasking with Germany vs Mexico on. Despite my limited concentration this looks much more like an exciting game of football. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6875
    What the hells happened! The Germans seem to have lost all discipline so far. Madness I tell ye! 

Mexico deffo the better team at the moment but we’ll see what the second half brings... 

Excited to see England tomorrow though. 

How I’ve managed to get both Sunday and Monday off I still don’t know!! But the games have been great entertainment. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    Germans puts on some pressure now. They have to watch those 2-1 counters though.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Viva mexico!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14222
    tFB Trader
    well that was poor watching Brazil - Neymar's ego to big IMO and certainly not a great team player on tonight's performance
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Neymar Jr killed that for me

It was just like I was trying to watch a film and someone was hitting the pause button every time it got to him - Just keep yellow carding the guy

Listening to ITV's commentators is difficult enough already

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    It's been a hell of a weekend. Trying to combine watching 7 world cup games, four international rugby games yesterday and the U20 world cup final today, yesterday's ODI and today's Royal London Cup semi-final (brilliant game won by, woohoo, Kent) has given me remote-control-induced RSI from incessant channel hopping.

When we won the world cup it started with a horible 0-0 draw with Uruguay. Teams can still go through after drawing their first game, although I obviously hope we stuff Tunisia tomorrow.

Oh, and Australia losing at three sports within a few hours. :3
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    edited June 2018
    Emp_Fab said:
    The press are reporting Croatia's first goal as an own goal by Etebo.  I've only seen one angle but it looks like the ball bounces under his leg.  Bit mean to call it an own-goal, even if it did touch his leg.

Was definitely an own goal.  It was heading wide before it hit his leg.

munckee said:
    Club football has come on so much that international football looks a bit amateurish at times.  Spain, Germany and Brazil make it look great but otherwise no-one has looked amazing.  A few games in we will see levels improve, when we're out obviously!

Most of the players are wrecked after a season that is too long.  Some of the clubs will probably have pre-season friendlies the week after the World Cup.  The Charity Shield is being played only 3 weeks after the World Cup for goodness sake.  They need to reduce the number of fixtures.  Go back to the Champions League being a straight knockout for the champions again, and stop the clubs having all these meaningless friendlies.  All this ridiculousness about a mid-season break, when the clubs will just put more wear and tear on the players with a match in Thailand.

Also, the squads haven't been together long, and it will take a while for teams to gel.  It should improve as it goes on.

well that was poor watching Brazil - Neymar's ego to big IMO and certainly not a great team player on tonight's performance

He was awful.  The only time he passed was in the last 10 minutes when he was probably too tired to run.  Every other time he got the ball he just ran with it like a 10 year old in the playground.  That doesn't work against international defenders - to be fair it might work against the German defenders based on yesterday's evidence.
    Got some of Sweden versus S Korea on R5. Some un PC childish pleasure had from Wang and Wanky Chan ( spellings not checked).
    If it turns out that Eric the Weary means pimply arse in Korean that's fine, I deserve their mocking. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WolfetoneWolfetone Frets: 1479
    Well, not really a footie supporter but i love World cup/Internationals etc.

I have my two bottles of Bishps Finger at the ready for 19:00hrs.......bring it on!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    I love international tournaments except for England games when I am stressed from start to finish normally.  Here's to 0-0 in the Belgium game with numerous injuries to Belgians!

I have a feeling we are going to draw with Tunisia.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1087
    I'm on a teaching visit at 7! The roads are gonna be so quiet!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14222
    tFB Trader
    I'm watching my 16 year old daughter in a netball match at 7pm - At least there will be goals - should be home by 7.45ish, so will put the planner on and watch it slightly after everyone else
    Heavy traffic getting home, wonder how many people trying to be home for the match.
    Belgium win puts more pressure on. 
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3901
    My prediction (hope) is for a 2-0 to England win tonight. I'd like to say I'm excited but I'm just full of nervous anticipation.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3901
    edited June 2018
    munckee said:
    I love international tournaments except for England games when I am stressed from start to finish normally.  Here's to 0-0 in the Belgium game with numerous injuries to Belgians!

I have a feeling we are going to draw with Tunisia.
    Well your wishes weren't granted so let's hope your feelings are wrong too 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    It's mis-kick city down there
  • cpcompanycpcompany Frets: 126
    How many chances does Lingard need !? 
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5467
    I had a big plate of haggis, neeps and tatties prior to tonight's game. Well tasty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    DiscoStu said:
    I had a big plate of haggis, neeps and tatties prior to tonight's game. Well tasty.
    Looks like Lingard did too...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom