DJ Fontana RIP

guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
edited June 2018 in Tributes tFB Trader
age 87 - DJ Fontana RIP - The last surviving member of the original backing band for Elvis - Maybe not a star in his own right, but a legend within the 100's of records he played on - The legend will live on with the history he helped to create - RIP - I'm sure he was glad to be just a part of such history
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9551
    Maybe not a star as such, but exactly the right drummer for those early Elvis tracks. RIP.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71957
    I saw him about 20 years ago with Scotty Moore, playing mostly Elvis songs... it’s amazing how much of the sound and ‘feel’ of those songs is in the drumming.

RIP :(.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14030
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    I saw him about 20 years ago with Scotty Moore, playing mostly Elvis songs... it’s amazing how much of the sound and ‘feel’ of those songs is in the drumming.

RIP :(.
    and it was all new and fresh at the time - almost adapt and make up as you go along