Johnny Marr - Call The Comet

What's Hot
KylefKylef Frets: 604
Out today and listening on Spotify. 

Admittedly I'm a big fan of Johnny’s, but on first listen this is a cracking record. I knew the singles were decent, but on the whole this is probably the best solo album he’s done yet. Well worth a listen. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• ClashmanClashman Frets: 153
    He was answering questions on the Guardian website yesterday ..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 5516

When I first heard the single 'Hi Hello' on the radio I thought bloody hell that band sounds like The Smiths, even the singer is trying to sounds a bit like Morrissey.

Good song and his singing does sound a bit like Moz, if anyone has the right to sound like The Smiths it's JM isn't it?

Michael Fish is God
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • StefBStefB Frets: 450
    He was on the Chris Evans breakfast show on Radio 2 this morning, came across as a thoroughly nice fellow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • This is an excellent album, especially the deeper cuts in the second half. Such a tasteful guitarist.
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 484

He's a nice gent, and a great player. I've been impressed with his recent work (as well as The Smiths obvs) and I've heard this album is really good. I've got a vinyl copy on order but yet to pick it up...

This album seems to be getting good reviews.

• dindudedindude Frets: 5418
    Like the single, so will check it out. 

This is is also a good watch, yes a Fender corporate vid, but still good.

https://youtu.be/ginuxCoZ_FU

• stevebrumstevebrum Frets: 4077
    I’ve just booked tickets for the tour. Like the new stuff and his previous solo material. He also plays a few Smiths tunes live so should be good.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 907
    stevebrum said:
    I’ve just booked tickets for the tour. Like the new stuff and his previous solo material. He also plays a few Smiths tunes live so should be good.
    Seen his solo show a few times now (off to see him in Bath this time round) and you won’t be disappointed. He does seem to be able to conjure up a decent Morrisey impression during the Smiths numbers too.
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 8
    Thanks all for this thread, I didn't realise he'd added a load of UK dates to the tour. Yesterday I snagged tickets to his Roundhouse gig in November. Never seen him live and really looking forward to it!