Crown Court Reports

What's Hot
StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
in Off Topic tFB Trader
Are there any Solicitors or Legal Eagles on here that may be able to direct me to a website where you can find more info on a recent trial (sentenced in the last 2 months) at Sheffield Crown Court.
Does such a website exist, or is there anywhere you can go to view Court Records.

I have Dates, Defendant and Case # and  I've tried The law pages but i cannot find Offence/ sentencing information.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    They don’t publicise the sentence, just say that the trial is concluded. However, if you phone the court they will tell you the outcome!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    poopot said:
    They don’t publicise the sentence, just say that the trial is concluded. However, if you phone the court they will tell you the outcome!

It’s a matter of public record so they can’t not tell you unless there were restrictions in place (if a defendant was a youth for example). Sheffield crown court has an enquiry email address , you could start there. You might be able to find out via the website of a local newspaper. In Birmingham court results are put on the police twitter feed, possibly Sheffield police do the same. 
    Solicitors have access to court records, you might be able to persuade one of those to get it for you. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    Thanks!! I have emailed them, but i guess it might take a few days for a reply.
    Its a curiosity thing more than anything.
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:

It’s a matter of public record so they can’t not tell you unless there were restrictions in place (if a defendant was a youth for example). Sheffield crown court has an enquiry email address , you could start there. You might be able to find out via the website of a local newspaper. In Birmingham court results are put on the police twitter feed, possibly Sheffield police do the same. 
    Solicitors have access to court records, you might be able to persuade one of those to get it for you. 

Thanks :) Yes I've emailed them, we think it's been kept out of the papers which is why its not been seen or reported on.
    It hasn't been on the SYP FB feed either, for arrest or sentence. 
    But as far as i know there are no restrictions and its on the reports, just not the crime or the sentence.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Assuming they treat it like a freedom of information request they’ve got 20 working days to respond. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    tFB Trader
    Assuming they treat it like a freedom of information request they’ve got 20 working days to respond. 
    That's fine, there's no rush. As I say its more out of curiosity really.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24298
    When I did my last spell of jury service, in one of the cases we found the defendant guilty but that was the end of the trial for us - we weren’t involved in the sentencing.  I rang the court a few days later and just asked the girl that answered what the defendant got.  She told me immediately without so much as asking who I was.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom