George Benson Live

simonksimonk Frets: 1467
It’ll all be about the melody tomorrow night with George Benson in Bournemouth at the BIC. Haven’t been to a proper gig for a couple of years so I’m very much looking forward to this one! Anyone else seeing him?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    so according to the dates you must have gone yesterday. was it good?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1367
    I saw him a couple of years ago. I was disappointed because his concert was originally advertised as part of a jazz festival, so I bought a fairly expensive ticket on the basis of this. Nearer the time, the concert venue dropped the clear initial reference to his jazzer side, and the gig turned out to be mainly his pop stuff with only a couple of jazz tunes. He played and sang well enough, but it wasn't what I'd originally signed up to hear.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @ArchtopDave I had similar disappointment when I bought a CD for my mum - turned out to be pop vocal not jazz guitar. No, I wasn't too familiar with the track titles ...

I know why he did the pop vocal thing, I bet he's made loads more out of it than the guitar, but to me it's like selling out
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    It was a great gig! His band were amazing and proper tight, and George himself was all class. OK, he hasn’t got the vocal range he once had but, at 74, he had the place jumping.
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Did he play much guitar?