SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson Custom Les Paul '61 1961 SG Reissue 2008 VOS Cherry

What's Hot
maraudermarauder Frets: 133
edited July 2018 in Guitars £
SOLD

£1800 ONO

I would prefer collection from Huddersfield and payment by cash or PPG, but would deliver within reason for petrol money, cash or PPG.

Can send insured by UPS for £50.

In excellent condition, some light scratching to the back, and one near the jack socket, barely visible, impossible to photograph.  No discernable fret wear.

Otherwise the guitar is stock.  No repairs, or other issues.

Weighs about 6.5lbs on my kitchen scales.  Very light.

Fitted with Schaller strap buttons, originals also included.

Comes with pictured case candy, certificate of authenticity and Gibson Custom hardcase.

https://imgur.com/a/UHwX88t

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    £50 delivery are you sending it protected with uranium? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • maraudermarauder Frets: 133
    £50 delivery are you sending it protected with uranium? 
    Yeah, pretty much.

its not weight anymore thats issue, its sufficient insurance.  I would prefer collection
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MtBMtB Frets: 922
    That's how much shipping with full value insurance costs with UPS - I recently got a quote to send a Collings fully insured by UPS, and it was the same money.
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Shipping with insurance costs a LOT nowadays, some places will want more than £50
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2193
    £50 Is reasonable.  I paid £100 to send a guitar 60 miles away, insured up to £2k recently with parcel force.  There are numerous better options than parcel force though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7027
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    @Fishboy7 you wasted your money, Parcelforce won't pay out more than £200(?)  on guitars. It's in their Ts&Cs.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    This is by far the best SG I've ever played, and I've owned 7 or 8 Gibsons, plus other makes, and I've played many more.

I'd always asked for first refusal on it, but sadly all my cash is tied up in motorbikes now. :(

It does all those things a good SG should do; twangy but with grunt on the bridge, thicker but not too woolly on the neck, and a really useful middle position. 

So, my advice, buy it!
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2193
    @Fishboy7 you wasted your money, Parcelforce won't pay out more than £200(?)  on guitars. It's in their Ts&Cs.

The scumbags!  
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    Some of these courier companies will insure a guitar for its full value if you contact them and ask.

I just did it through www.pharosparcel.com, and they were happy to accommodate.

What actually happens if you make a claim is perhaps a different story.  Luckily I've never had to.
    edited June 2018
    Damn, Juansolo's hosting has now gone, PM me for some pics, until I get something sorted.
  • Hick81Hick81 Frets: 122
    Imgur is pretty good for hosting pics. App is easy to work from your phone as well
  • brooombrooom Frets: 1174
    use flickr.

By the way I recently sold a 2015 SG vos reissue, this is a decently priced guitar. Good luck with the sale.
    Provisionally sold.
    No, its not.

Still for sale.
    bump
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2041
    For those interested in the insurance of guitars by courier companies be very wary. Check T & Cs, prohibited items and ask what happens in the event of the Guitar being damaged as opposed to lost. I covered an 89 les Paul standard recently and they only paid out £700 of the £1000 cover (I paid £1250 but max cover availbale was £1k) They paid out £700 based on cost to repair and value of the Guitar with a repair and I was able to break even by the time I sold it but depending on the model, value and damage that may not always be possible.
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    I'm still not quite over the fact that we have another huddersfield based fber who isn't coming to the huddersfield jam! What's that about?! 

Lovely guitar though, and if anyone wants it, there are fbers from all over the country coming to huddersfield in 2 weeks who might be able to transport it home safely for you! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    SOLD