Anyone using CBD oil??

What's Hot
57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
A student of mine (58 yrs old) is on the CBD oil and swears by it for pain relief and health bennies.

He is vaping his although he otherwise doesn't vape for fun/habit.

Anyone else got any experience of this new phenomenon
<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    I was out with 2 work colleagues last week for a coffee and it came up. One has schizo- affective disorder and the other chap schizophrenia. The former used to use medicinal weed to help his symptoms but after many years of success he crashed big time.  Unless I’m mistaken the weed he had still contained THC albeit low levels whereas CBD oil contains none so has no psychoactive properties. On that basis he was thinking of giving it a go and the other chap was interested enough to start to research it. I’ll post back when I hear an update but it sounds like there is a little risk to at least giving it a go ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited June 2018
    My wife started using it a few months ago to help with mental health issues, she suffers with PTSD and as a result her anxiety levels are massive.

The CBD oil worked wonders, she's a much more relaxed and happy person, she still worries but about the things everyone worries about like bills and kids health etc, where as before she would be in a complete panic that the hous would burn down while we slept, or that one of kids would have acid thrown at them in school.

It has helped her much more than traditional anti depressants ever could and with virtually no side effects.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 449
    Yes - it is good, though hard to say exactly what it is doing.  Certainly no harm, so even if just a placebo effect, I'm not complaining!

My son is 22 and is using it and very positive about it.  He has been under a lot of exam pressure at Uni, and thinks it has helped with that.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    I've been using it for years.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4027
    edited June 2018
    I know demand for CBD is creating a problem for prescribers. 
    When demand is hyped -- as happens on Facebook groups for people with specific medical conditions -- there is little consideration of scientific evidence and how this could be different from anecdotal experience.  It's a problem!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    I learned about it during Sheena's cancer but she didn't want to hear about it.
  • rolls1392rolls1392 Frets: 229
    Have using it on our old dog,15+
    He's gone from a stiff, uncomfortable chap to alot more of a perky puppy.
    He likes it.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Central Business District? Powder, surely? 
    Be seeing you.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3301
    edited June 2018
    I know a couple of people with various conditions from Cancer, to Fibromyalgia, to ME and Asthma and they've had positive results from using it.

Edit: This is out in Spain, where I believe it's legal and it's pure cannabis oil. Some of these people were literally using a pin-head sized/nail head amount each day. I have heard that some people with certain issues, like depression etc had their symptoms heightened but as with a lot of things, there can be side-effects.
  • BadnotesBadnotes Frets: 48
    edited June 2018
    I have personally used CBD albeit in a relatively low dosage in a vape to help with anxiety. 

My personal experiences with it are somewhat mixed. It did help with my anxiety, but also made my depression much much worse. I stopped using it as a result and my mood did improve.

I don't doubt it has it uses, but it isn't the miracle cure that some people make it out to be IME. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    Ok... I have had “restless leg syndrome” since the back end of 2016... it was set off when I changed meds for my diabetes... since the start of 2017 I have been taking a drug called pramipexole (which they prescribe to Parkinson’s patients) as well as prescription only co-codamol... every day for well over a year!...

after reading this thread yesterday I went and bought some CBD oil this morning...

today is the first day in nearly 18 months that I have not taken even 1 tablet... normally I take up to 6 pramipexole and at least 4 co codamol... not 1 bloody tablet today...

the pain in my legs is almost non existent and the feeling that I have to move my legs (feels like electric sand running through your veins) has all but subsided...

Now, I don’t know if this is a placebo effect or the CBD oil is actually doing something but I have to say it has had a very positive effect after just 1 day!...
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    A very quick google shows that various places sell something they claim to be CBD oil (including Holland and Barratt)  I assume that this isn't the same CBD as you are getting as it seems to be very low strength?

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5382
    Where are you all getting your oil (in UK) and what strength is it? I can see it in Holland & Barrett but seems to be low strength and mixed reviews. 
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4423
    Anything sold in the shops is, I believe, pants.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
    There's two types. One with the psycho active thing and one without. They come in varying strengths and priced accordingly.

Thinking of using it to see if it helps with psoriatic arthritis.

Alex Lifeson has PsA and smokes prescription cannabis.