From Digitalscream & TTony

What's Hot

Comments

• earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3494
    A shame it got to this but thank you Tony & Lee for all the great work you have contributed and I hope you return.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    That's sad news. Thanks for all the excellent work you've both put in to run a great place for me to visit and contribute. Hopefully you'll be back after a break.

It's not a competition.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Thanks for your efforts over the years, and enjoy your new found freedom!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5154
    Thanks Guys... This is my only Forum I use... I don’t Tweet or Facebook but I do like coming on here....Take care & enjoy the break :)
  • Personally I welcome the news.

Laws of diminishing returns have applied for a while. 

You've both put a bloody big shift in. 

Stay gone, and get on with your lives...just like the rest of us. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Sad news ... thanks for everything.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26967
    Thank for everything chaps. You don't owe anyone anything after the amount of hard work you've both put in for so long. 

Enjoy the break. I hope you both return in time, and look forward to it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    Sad news, your presence will be missed in lots of ways but I concur with your thinking. Stepping away will help get a clearer picture of what you want to do moving forward. Thank you both for your hard work creating an interesting and companiable resource.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Lee and Tony, makes total sense. 
    First, a genuine thank you.
    I've been here from the start and while I'm not a prolific poster I log in and out a lot -- so this space is a place I like obviously or I wouldn't spend so much time here!  The difference for me is that when I see the kind of things you've mentioned I can just click away from it.  If I had to deal with it... yuk.  I've read your posts when you've had to do mopping up and it's like reading the wisdom of Solomon sometimes, god knows how you stay so reasonable, and figure if you ever needed a change of career you could go straight into Relate, or a nursery school, or charge people £££s per hour as they recline on a couch and tell you about their mother. 

Secondly, no actually that's it!  Thank you and it makes sense.  Enjoy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    Tony & Lee - thanks, and sorry that you are continually having to get involved in the same old crap, but hopefully by taking a break, you can come back refreshed and enthusiastic, whether to your current roles or just to hang out.

Sadly I can't see a way of getting people to comply with the rules or guidelines, without a lot of time being put into it, and it must be very tedious.  I've personally spent less time involved in the banter here recently - which is great though.  Because it can be very time consuming, and there are other things to be getting on with in life for most of us.

Best of luck, and I hope it is a short term break.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24300
    Honestly....  (and the caveat being that I'm no longer privy to what goes on in the admin area)...  I'm struggling to see what the big problem is.  From this side of the fence, the forum is calmer and happier than it's ever been.  I don't see this big troublesome burden you're describing @TTony. ; OK, I don't venture into the classifieds much but if that's a PITA, just shut them down.  
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • richhrichh Frets: 450
    I'm guessing people not posting prices, pics properly embedded, deleting info after selling, and petty disputes?

It must all add up, even though we've not had any major scraps for a while.
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9530
    Absolutely gutted and devastated by this news...

But you know @digitalscream and @TTony, I really don't blame you. Some of the attitudes must be so wearing and trying.

Don't give up guys; have a rest and re-think, and if it can work again, brilliant. If you are suffering too much yourselves, move on with your own life and loved ones.

I've been here from the very start, and I cannot express how much thanks I feel for your time and hard work.

Warmest,
    Waz
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6130
    tFB Trader
    yeah. gutted that it ground you down to this point. best wishes and i hope you enjoy your extra time!!
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2948
    Maybe it's time for theFretboard II - thePickupboard. Er, maybe not.

Thanks for everything you created here, lot's of people go through lot's of sh*t n their life (me included) and have found some kind of semi-insane sanctuary here thanks to what you achieved. Music is the best.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11292
    Thanks for all you've done for this band of miscreants, you'll be missed. It's an amazingly diverse community that you've been nurturing.

Those of us with brains hope you'll return to the ranks.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    Ive seen this happen to a few places Ive been. Start up with good intentions and a community spirit, lightly moderated for a while in the hope that people are grown up and can behave. For the most part people do, then as the community gets established people get to know the online personas of real people, and like in life, some dont get on. Flamewars and shitstorms occur, die off, people get banned and back to square one. This goes on until the people running it feel its getting out of hand and more of a chore than its worth for the time, effort and babysitting duties required to keep everything in check.

Fork in the road time.
    Do you carry on as you are and go through the same cycle every 6 months or so?
    Give everyone an ultimatum of play by the rules or we shut it down?
    Go full on with the moderation to attract sponsors/ads as ways of running the site?

Ive seen all 3 happen as no one has totally solved the problem of people getting together on the internet and playing nice all the while.

Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4436
    A massive shame but also massively understandable. Will miss you both but hope to see you either at jam or back here in time.. many thanks for all your efforts and whenever you need another fundraiser I'll pitch in again!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3200
    Really sorry to read this, although whole heartedly agree with the sentiments you’ve expressed @TTony .

I was late to the game and didn’t get involved for a while, but this remains the only form of social media I have been, or continue to participate in -I honestly think that is in many ways down to you guys and the community you’ve built here. 

So, thank you both.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Emp_Fab said:

OK, I don't venture into the classifieds much but if that's a PITA, just shut them down.  
    This!... shut it down for at least six months and weed out the non contributors!...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom