From Digitalscream & TTony

What's Hot

Comments

• sixstringsuppliessixstringsupplies Frets: 429
    tFB Trader
    I run a website for profit. it is very  stressful.
    to run a non-profit as you have done for as long as you both have with all its trials and tribulations is incredible. kudos to both of you. 
    For Modders, Makers, Players

https://sixstringsupplies.co.uk/

Our YouTube Channel for handy "How-To" Wiring Tutorials
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    You did good and I can understand your need to step away.

‘Tis my belief that any moderately successful forum needs to be a benign dictatorship - you guys set the rules, if people object, they leave or are banned.

Lots of people hate TGP and think it’s overmoderated because the rules are tight and they are fairly strictly enforced, but it’s success speaks for itself. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4909

May I just say that this is the WORST FLOUNCE THREAD EVER...

16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Good luck with the break gents see you when you get back. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12303
    I understand guys. This is the only social media i use and the only guitar forum. Been here since donkeys yrs ago. Its still a great community though, ive built a tele from scratch on here and virtually everything was given to me!

Ive seen strangers offer the kind of support you dont get from a best mate.

So greatful to you for keeping it going for so long, its a shame that these clowns have spoilt it. I wish you both all the best.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12303
    Mick said:
    Gassage said:
    U
    Mick said:

I was "the" moderator over at Digital Camera Magazine.  I

Tony, Lee, look on the bright side- we just finally found J-Con's multi ^^^

Every cloud and all that...

I no understandy ?
    It's a very, very long story dahling.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Thanks for all your efforts over the years. I also do volunteer work and it's only until you do community based things for free that you truly appreciate the expression 'No good deed goes unpunished'.

I hope you can take a break and return. There is a lot of good stuff that gets discussed on the forum and it is without doubt the best moderated forum I have frequented. 

Please, take a break and come back with banhammers on a hair trigger.  
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    One more thing before I bugger off...I've noticed a small number people posting supportive comments in this thread who've actually been part of the problem (in terms of acting against the original spirit of the place).

Maybe if everyone took a bit of a look at the way they've been posting lately from a "Does this really enhance the overall community feel of this forum?" perspective, it might enhance the chances of a positive return :)

That's nothing personal against anyone, so please don't take it that way. It's very easy to turn into the typical "angry man on the Internet" without even noticing; been there myself a number of times. It's just that we'd like this forum to be different from the rest of t'Interweb.

And with that...I'm out. Maybe see you on the flip :)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    edited June 2018
    I'm bloody glad I waited until now to post ^^

I love this place and thank you both from the bottom of my gear fund for making it the place it is.  I will stay. I will try very hard not to be a Dick. I will keep the classifieds turning. I may even play some guitar if I have a chance...

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    It's been a pleasure. 
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 625

Sad to read this.

As many I migrated from the MR forum and although not a huge poster, I do visit every day and read and learn a lot (as in RL I listen a lot and converse occasionally!) This is the main place I visit, FB and the others bore me to death yet I always find something that will warrant a daily lol on here.

I totally get the issue with the classifieds and the ME ME attitude, loads of idiot chancers and bedroom sellers with no attempt to read the FEW and SIMPLE rules to posting.

Enjoy the time out, refresh etc and if there is anything we can do to help, to lighten the load etc, etc......

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3064
    Grunfeld said:
    Lee and Tony, makes total sense. 
    First, a genuine thank you.
    I've been here from the start and while I'm not a prolific poster I log in and out a lot -- so this space is a place I like obviously or I wouldn't spend so much time here!  The difference for me is that when I see the kind of things you've mentioned I can just click away from it.  If I had to deal with it... yuk.  I've read your posts when you've had to do mopping up and it's like reading the wisdom of Solomon sometimes, god knows how you stay so reasonable, and figure if you ever needed a change of career you could go straight into Relate, or a nursery school, or charge people £££s per hour as they recline on a couch and tell you about their mother. 

Secondly, no actually that's it!  Thank you and it makes sense.  Enjoy.
    Exactly this.   The work that you've both put into this is very much appreciated.  Best wishes to you both.  
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Nothing really to add that hasn't already been said

Thanks for everything, I love this place 
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 849
    edited June 2018
    Thanks for all the hard work in building something that is generally my first click when I switch on each day.
    Hopefully the break will give you the opportunity to step away from the crap and appreciate Or see clearer the fact that you have built a great place.
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2574
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for all your hard work guys, having seen some of the tripe you have to deal with your actions are understandable. hopefully we will still see you at the guitar show!

• mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Wholeheartedly agree and respect that guys, seen a big change in time here and that's far less time than you guys have been here.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4778
    edited June 2018
    All the best both, hope to see you back here soon refreshed after the break and with some changes as/where required. Thanks for all the hard work up to this point, stay healthy thats the most important thing!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24801
    Chose the wrong day to leave my phone at home, clearly....

I can’t honestly say I’m surprised by this - but I am saddened by it nonetheless.

Hopefully it will just be a break - thanks for everything you’ve done for us.
  • rocktronrocktron Frets: 806

I must admit that I do not know what went on to make @TTony and @digitalscream come to this decision.

I spend most of my time on Off Topic so I do not know what transpired on other parts of the Forum to make you guys disillusioned enough to relinquish managing it.   

Handling all aspects of running a Forum is just about in the same category as a full time job. @TTony and @digitalscream have done fantastic work in getting this Forum up and running, and I would imagine they have sacrificed a lot of family time to do the technical support work here.

It isn’t a thankless task, though. As you can see, there is a lot of people who gratefully appreciate the work you have put it to make this Forum an enjoyable place to visit, and to foster a community spirit.

By all means, go on a hiatus if you need to. It will be a well deserved break, and you will, hopefully, come back refreshed and raring to go again.

• mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    DiscoStu said:
    This community is fantastic. I'm on here every day whether I post or not,  it's become a way of life.
    If it's affecting your lives then I totally understand you needing to step away,  nobody needs stress from strangers and there is no doubt a fair amount of that on here but The Fretboard is by far the best forum I've been on. 
    Good luck chaps and come back soon. 
    ^^^ Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks @TTony  and @digitalscream best of luck to you both