Dr Z Maz mkII Peach Guitars Video

What's Hot
dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
Very good informative video on the new Dr Z Maz mkII amps if anyone is interested.

Maz 18nr and Maz38sr

Sounds like the Maz 38 is more usable? Can get more dirt at lower volumes.

Its hard to pick which one i prefer!? Love the versatility of them both it definitely can et the Fender, Vox and marshall sounds and they don't really sound like EL84 

Anyone else a fan?
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• camfcamf Frets: 1191
    Yep. Sound great. I've always fancied the Maz 38. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9515
    Sounds great.

Always fancied a Man 18, having played em several times.

Are these new heads physically smaller in size ?
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Dr Z are still and sensible-ish price too when everything else USA made has gone mad
  • dean111musicdean111music Frets: 278
    Yeah they are great amps! 
    They might be a bit smaller? They are lighter in weight. I think they are great value. Very tempted. I have owned both the amps on the video and these sound much better and more versitille 
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1942
    Nice video and great sounding amps!
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16086
    The 18 sounds great.........the old models could be a bit brittle and stiff
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3226
    Always fancied a Man 18, having played em several times.

Are these new heads physically smaller in size ?
    Chortle!

Sorry @Wazmeister ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26928
    ALMOST 3.5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY STRUM ANYTHING! 

Sounds good. Eventually...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ALMOST 3.5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY STRUM ANYTHING! 

noted
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26928
    ALMOST 3.5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY STRUM ANYTHING! 

noted
    Crikey, that was quick! :D 

Bt srsly, I think your videos are generally great (particularly the ES-330 ones which have my credit card straining to be set free...) but a little bit of playing as an intro to give some context is preferable to going straight into the talky bit :) 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ALMOST 3.5 MINUTES BEFORE THEY STRUM ANYTHING! 

noted
    Crikey, that was quick! :D 

Bt srsly, I think your videos are generally great (particularly the ES-330 ones which have my credit card straining to be set free...) but a little bit of playing as an intro to give some context is preferable to going straight into the talky bit :) 
    You're totally right. I did think that but poor old James spent ages putting it all together and i just didn't have the heart to get him to switch it around again! It's all good though, if that's our worst mistake - then i'm happy!
    I think Peach Vids are they best out there. Fantastic playing and the chat is good and informative. Straight to the point and not trying to get you to like there page or subscribe

Keep up the good work. I'm definitely going to come up soon to see the new store. Look at these new Z amps for sure. 

Between the 18nr and 18jr is there a lot more gain? i'm guessing with master on full and volume set low you can get nice big clean sounds? Similar to the 38? Like all these things i guess its about sitting in front of the amp with your guitar and playing :)

• gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
    Yeah its that classic if i buy that amp will i sound like that :) They are both great players and John is a top bloke. Looking forward to seeing the new shop
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5847
    I have a Maz 18NR Head, it's a great sounding amp and it is as versatile as this video shows. It is loud enough to break your ears as well. The "Cut" control is the beauty of it's ability.

On the neg side, it went through a pair of EL84's quite quick though (120 hours) and the Jewel bulb went, which is unusual. Not the end of the world as far as amp issues go but I can't help thinking there are more surprises awaiting me in the future.

:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • I have a Maz 18NR Head, it's a great sounding amp and it is as versatile as this video shows. It is loud enough to break your ears as well. The "Cut" control is the beauty of it's ability.

On the neg side, it went through a pair of EL84's quite quick though (120 hours) and the Jewel bulb went, which is unusual. Not the end of the world as far as amp issues go but I can't help thinking there are more surprises awaiting me in the future.

Is yours a recent one? We’ve had zero valve failures since he switched to the ones from
    the Z-Wreck. 
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    Unrelated to the amp, but I took my first visit to the new store today. Really great environment, very friendly and helpful staff and well worth the drive. Tried out 6 guitars through my Helix and never felt under pressure to hurry up or turn down :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5847
    I have a Maz 18NR Head, it's a great sounding amp and it is as versatile as this video shows. It is loud enough to break your ears as well. The "Cut" control is the beauty of it's ability.

Is yours a recent one? We’ve had zero valve failures since he switched to the ones from
    the Z-Wreck. 
    I bought it in August 2016. I visited your lovely shop. Can you move it further North please:)
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom