NPD - Analogman Whammy

What's Hot
vizviz Frets: 10691
edited June 2018 in FX
Had my Digitech Whammy true-bypassed by Analogman - fantastic to have it back as a permanent feature on my pedalboard without it digitising the clean signal

http://i.imgur.com/FTRBRON.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/RT3mjNB.jpg

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Is that a CE-2 mod I spot there too?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited June 2018
    Gosh yes, keen eyes! Though it’s a Keeley (as are the delays, obviously)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    viz said:
    Gosh yes, keen eyes! Though it’s a Keeley (as is the tremolo and the delay, obviously)
    Worth doing? Love my CE-2, but have always been curious about it. 

Also, WH-1. Oof. 
    edited June 2018
    viz said:
    Gosh yes, keen eyes! Though it’s a Keeley (as are the delays, obviously)
    Worth doing? Love my CE-2, but have always been curious about it. 

Also, WH-1. Oof. 
    Dunno really because I got the CE-2 secondhand, already modded. It certainly is very delicious - I use it for Hungry like the Wolf and Teen Spirit and it sounds really awesome. There’s a tiny increase in volume when it’s on - not sure if that’s the case with the stock pedal?

Yes WH1 - got it from the lovely @kevguitarman. It took some deliberation as to whether I should mod it or leave it as original! But Mike’s done a lovely job and signed it too, so I’m delighted. 
    Imagine the Nasty digital break up / artefacts on that Whammy are amazing. I have a 5 for ease, but with each revision they seem to tidy those up a bit. The 4 sounded a bit better for me, so imagine the 1 would be worth the entry fee. 
    edited June 2018
    Imagine the Nasty digital break up / artefacts on that Whammy are amazing. I have a 5 for ease, but with each revision they seem to tidy those up a bit. The 4 sounded a bit better for me, so imagine the 1 would be worth the entry fee. 
    I had the 4 and true-bypassed it but the 1 is much more glitchy in a good way and MUCH more transparent. It’s so clear. I usually set it to detune for songs like Message in a Bottle and Long Train Running and it’s just really jangly. And I use it toe-down for the trumpet parts in Superstition - sounds like brass! To me, anyway.
    Gah. Maybe I’ll add it to the bucket list. 

Did the mod set you back a fair whack?
    Nope, 60 usd + shippin’. 
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    Why not just put it in a true bypass loop?
    Not enough space :)
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3042
    viz said:
    Not enough space :)
    You have a wah pedal the size of a football pitch, a two button amp footswitch the size of a small pedal board, and Battersea Power Station on the top of your board, yet no space for a true bypass loop?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2021
    viz said:
    Not enough space
    You have a wah pedal the size of a football pitch, a two button amp footswitch the size of a small pedal board, and Battersea Power Station on the top of your board, yet no space for a true bypass loop?
    Correct lol :)