Dual Tremolo?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
edited June 2018 in FX
Having got quite addicted to the trem settings in my THR10, I feel like I'm finally ready to actually get a decent pedal trem, having only had cheap crap ones before and never getting on with them. 

I'm just wondering if anyone makes a dual trem, preferably with tap and multiple modes, so you could e.g. combine a 1/4 note throb with an 1/8 note throb, possibly even having one of those as blackface-type and the other harmonic, or something? 

Does that exist outside of multifx options like M9/Helix etc?

I think the Chase Bliss one can do both at once, but not sure if at different tempos?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Does the Empress Tremolo 2 do that?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Fairly sure that sounds like a description of the Stone Deaf Tremotron. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    The twin stags might be what you want.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26964
    Cheers all.

Twin Stags looks good, but not sure if you can sync the 2 trems? 

The Empress sounds amazing but isn't dual. 

The Stone Deaf does the dual thing but not the harmonic thing :(
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    Not boutique or cool, or even currently available, but the TC Nova Modulator can do dual tremolo, although not harmonic.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The Keeley Mod Workstation comes very close, but the tap only works on one of the banks. Bah

• jpfampsjpfamps Frets: 2734

The Lovetone Doppelganger has 2 independent LFOs and various filtering so you can vary different eq bands at different rates (I assume to try to emulate a Leslie).

The Keeley Mod Workstation comes very close, but the tap only works on one of the banks. Bah

Super mod workstation. IIRC tremolo or harmonic tremolo on both banks but you can't automatically sync them ( tap on one bank, expression pedal control on the other).
  • JotaJota Frets: 464
    EHX Super Pulsar may do what you want.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Twin Stags is a great idea in theory but the lack of a tap tempo severely hampers it. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    Not boutique or cool, or even currently available, but the TC Nova Modulator can do dual tremolo, although not harmonic.
    Exactly what I was going to suggest - I used it particularly for wub-WUB-wub-WUB tremolo.

Also light, fast, fluttery tremolo over slow swooshy phaser.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5137
    Sporky said:
    Exactly what I was going to suggest - I used it particularly for wub-WUB-wub-WUB tremolo.

Also light, fast, fluttery tremolo over slow swooshy phaser.

I was surprised at how many weird rhythmic things you could get two tremolos to do- set one to a square wave at a really slow rate and the other fast and you can get really fun morse-code style stuff. 

The Pattern Trem on my M5 does similar things, but tends to work much better if you know what you want to start with and dial it in- I found the Nova Modulator better for a "turn the knobs until cool stuff happens, then see what it inspires you to play" approach.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12897
    If you get a Zoom MS50 or CDR70 or whatever they're called they have a dual trem model on them. And you can chain six of them in a row for 12 trem comedy action.

Seriously though that is an option, alternatively the Empress does have some different rhythmic options so although it's not truly dual it might do what you want. 
    Cheers all.

The Stone Deaf does the dual thing but not the harmonic thing

I'd missed the harmonic reference. It does have MIDI so there's another possible point of creative noise making. 
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    jpfamps said:

The Lovetone Doppelganger has 2 independent LFOs and various filtering so you can vary different eq bands at different rates (I assume to try to emulate a Leslie).

Awesome pedal but has a few down falls. 
    Rare as hen teeth
    Cost usually around £500?
    The size of a small hatchback

but they are very awesome
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Rockett Josh Smith Dual Trem. Fabulous!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    Hattigol said:
    Rockett Josh Smith Dual Trem. Fabulous!
    Can you have both sides on together or is it either/or?
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    Cheers all.

Probably for the price of the Stone Deaf you'd be better off with the Boss MD-500. I know it wouldnt be trendy but you can get two (different) trems going on that. And you have all the other stuff too. I have been doing my approximation of harmonic trem with one side set to trem and the other a really slow, woozy phaser.
    An option maybe?
    Samgb said:
    Cheers all.

Probably for the price of the Stone Deaf you'd be better off with the Boss MD-500. I know it wouldnt be trendy but you can get two (different) trems going on that. And you have all the other stuff too. I have been doing my approximation of harmonic trem with one side set to trem and the other a really slow, woozy phaser.
    An option maybe?
    I didn't know that existed - could be a very good option, especially with (i assume!) the ability to sync tempo via midi. 

Is the CE-1 model any good? Always fancied one of those.
    edited June 2018
    The suggestion of the Boss MD500 has reminded me that the Strymon Mobius exists as well. 

Who's got one of those? Good? That can basically be the trem-side of the Flint x2, right?