SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Classic 70s Fender Strat (MIM 2009) SOLD

rexterrexter Frets: 369
edited June 2018 in Guitars £ tFB Trader
Thought this one was a keeper but I need to pay the builders a chunk of their bill so it's up for grabs. Figure I can always build myself a nice one further down the line too - bit by bit. Tempting to keep some parts from this as the pickups sound great, but rather sell as a whole as it's a lovely guitar now. Quite in love with strats again after picking this one up! 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/134128/classic-70s-strat-acquisition-and-pickup-id-question#latest

2009 Classic 70s reissue Stratocaster, loaded with Custom Shop Fat 50s pickups. It's quite light for a strat so I think the body may be swamp ash - looks like swamp ash....

Last week had a full day of work on it - fret level, crowning and polish, nut slots filed to optimum height, neck oiled. Full setup with D'addario XL 10s. Plays lovely now, great intonation and action all the way up the fingerboard. So no issues and ready to gig!

I don't have a tremolo arm, but I have a Fender padded gig bag I will include (once I dig it out of the loft!)

Would like £415 which includes UPS next day courier. Great guitar for the money and with all the work I did to it you'll be set.
Sold on ebay 

Custom colours, vintage restorations, high end guitar finishing
www.rexterguitars.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 683
    Well that's a pain - I was hoping to sell my natural/maple one for a touch more than this and it doesn't even have custom shop pickups! D'oh!

Get on this though, ladies and gents. Really love mine and I have no doubt Jon will have done all the right things to make it perfect. I'm a particular fan of the wider vintage spacing.

Bargain central. Glwts.
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Well that's a pain - I was hoping to sell my natural/maple one for a touch more than this and it doesn't even have custom shop pickups! D'oh!

Get on this though, ladies and gents. Really love mine and I have no doubt Jon will have done all the right things to make it perfect. I'm a particular fan of the wider vintage spacing.

Bargain central. Glwts.
    Thank you and sorry (?!) Simon!

it is a nice one
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk
  • rexterrexter Frets: 369
    tFB Trader
    Unexpectedly sold on ebay via a best offer above my auto accept threshold about 8pm.
    Apologies and thanks to those who were interested -   :o
    www.rexterguitars.co.uk