Hot tub heroes

What's Hot
quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
I am thinking of getting a hot tub in the garden. Not one of the inflatable ones, but a permanent fixture. Does anyone have one? Any recommendations on companies to go with? I see Costco do some, but I would then need to arrange all of the installation and other stuff myself..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Look for a deal where the Russian Hookers ,Champagne and Coke come as part of the package
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    quarky said:
    I am thinking of getting a hot tub in the garden. Not one of the inflatable ones, but a permanent fixture. Does anyone have one? Any recommendations on companies to go with? I see Costco do some, but I would then need to arrange all of the installation and other stuff myself..
    Check the Costco ones, but I believe some, if not all of them include installation
  • I have a Catalina but mine came from a company that finally gave up in the financial crash due to US price hikes.
    Probably the best thing I've bought for a long time and wouldn't consider not having one now.
  • TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1845
    Dirty sex pond
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    A friend of mine says it costs over £100 a month in extra electricity unless you want to plan two days ahead to have one - is that correct?
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 539
    A decent well insulated one should cost around £30 a month to run. If you want it piping hot everyday then it will obviously cost more. A cheap badly installed one could cost well over £100 a month.
  • munckee said:
    A friend of mine says it costs over £100 a month in extra electricity unless you want to plan two days ahead to have one - is that correct?
    £24 a month plus a few chemicals for a 38 degree water temperature.
    PV panels help with this obviously.
    One of the unforeseen costs is a new lid every few years!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12294
    We briefly thought of having one then decided it would be used loads at first then left to go mouldy like an old trampoline
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    Thanks. Haven't found one that includes drugs and hookers, but will keep looking!

joneve said:
    quarky said:
    Check the Costco ones, but I believe some, if not all of them include installation
    You're right, they do!

I guess I need to just sort out some of the stuff before hand, like get a flat piece of garden, and concrete it... 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    Why not just invite people round to share a bath?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16079
    Or forget the hot tub nonsense.........just get the hookers and the Charlie !
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 3013
    Russian hookers? I didn't know Russians even played rugby league. You learn something new every day.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    quarky said:
    I am thinking of getting a hot tub in the garden. Not one of the inflatable ones, but a permanent fixture. Does anyone have one?
    As it happens I loved my hot tub so much last night that I recorded my thoughts...

• Axe_meisterAxe_meister Frets: 4627
    Going to be hosting some swingers parties are you?
    @Grunfeld , you sold it to me :) Of course I am not in the middle of the countryside so mine will be nowhere near as idyllic!

Going to be hosting some swingers parties are you?

Nah. put looking forward to sitting in there on the weekend I guess.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    quarky said:
    @Grunfeld , you sold it to me :) Of course I am not in the middle of the countryside so mine will be nowhere near as idyllic!
    My next idea is to replace my sheds with a sauna. 
    I mean basically, why not?
    I love saunas!
    You only get one life.  Have a hot tub.  Have a sauna. 
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 959
    Bought ours from Canadian Spa company.

They used to be the Costco hot tub supplier but not sure if they still are. 

Bought at the end of the season direct from Canadian spa. Got on that had been displayed in a showroom but never actually had water in. Got about 2 grand off new price. 

Even Without that Canadian spa were half the price of an equivalent one from a local showroom. 

Its been ace, had it about 5 years now. Had one small problem with it when it was 4 months out of warranty. The company honoured it and fixed it for free. 
    So tell me about maintenance. You need to do:
    - the filters every week 
    - chemicals every day
    - change the water every 2/3 months

Does that sound right? 

The sales person we spoke to also suggested leaving the temperature up all the time (rather than turning it down during the week). I wasn't sure about that as the bigger the gap between the water in the spa and the ambient outdoor temperature, the higher the heat loss... 

• Change filters and water at 6 months.
    Check chemicals occasionally.
    Toss a couple of bromine tabs in every week.
    You'll get to judge chemical needs by smell / foam / scum etc but you only test every week or so.
    Temperature stays the same all the time otherwise what's the point of having one?

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    make sure you get the appropriate size for your needs...

http://www.ssqq.com/travel/images/group picture f 750.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>