Vanson locking tuners.. experiences??

Am looking to upgrade some tuners on one of my guitars, the standard Jackson tuners seem to slip slightly; has anyone had any experience of the Vanson tuners? The Fender/Grover/Gotoh ones aren't cheap...
My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    I’ve got them on a Strat build I did for a mate. Ive never really given them much thought which might sound negative but thats not it. The point is that in the 3+ years they’ve been on the guitar they’ve just worked which and haven’t given any cause to think about them.
    if you see what I mean ?
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1655
    So you've got the guitar.. and you've had no cause to think they are problematic in 3+ years..  sounds fair..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• SporkySporky Frets: 28033
    No experience of those, but the jolly inexpensive ones from Axetec grace a few of my self-builds and have given me no trouble whatsoever.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Had the vanson vintage style ones on 335 but wasn't that keen on them, felt like too much play in everything compared to better ones.  May not effect things once strings are on and tensioned but prefer my stuff to feel like tolerances are good ;)

Do like their pickups though
  • Dave_VaderDave_Vader Frets: 360
    Have a set on my main strat. No complaints whatsoever, and that's with a lot of dickhead dive bombing whammy stuff as well.
  • 545454545454 Frets: 184
    I've got some on a strat too - do the job just as well as the Sperzels on a strat plus I had previously!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    I have a set on a tele, work great and haven't had any issues with them.  
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    Looks like 6 in a row fender style are better then (although could be changed since i tried vintage ones)
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 984
    I've a set on my PRS SE SC, been there a few years now.  They are both excellent and affordable.  As good as any others in my stable and way better than the horrible Grover lockers I started with.  Very similar to the Schallers on my Fenders and better in feel than the Sperzels I have.
  • jaymenonjaymenon Frets: 814
    Axetec, Axecaster, Papad Music  all of them sell generic far eastern manufactured locking tuners that do an excellent job.

If you’re happy to wait for awhile you can get in for 1/2 the price directly from many Chinese eBay sellers.

They are reasonable quality, and they work just fine.  Maybe the build quality might be a little inferior to some really expensive ones... in practical terms, as long as you don’t abuse your guitar, I rather suspect these will be fine. I have a couple of sets on partscasters  that do a great job .