Best place to buy new TVs?

What's Hot
ReverendReverend Frets: 4974
I'm looking to get a smallish TV for the bedroom. Say 24" or so. Any ideas on where is best to look and also anything I should look out for?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4901

I just got a 24" one with built-in DVD player from PC World/Curry's, for £119 - Logik, I believe.  It's not "smart" but then she is 90, and doesn't understand "smart" anyway.

It tuned itself when I turned it on for the first time, and seems a good deal for the money.

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4436
    Would normally say John Lewis, who give you an automatic 5-year warranty, or Richer Sounds, who give you 6, if you sign up to their VIP Club.

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11413
    Whatever Richer Sounds have on offer.  They normally have some end of line thing on last year's model at a very low price.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4641

My current 24" TV (Hitachi)  lasted just slightly longer than the warranty, then went completely dead.

I swapped some diodes on the PDB and got it working again, otherwise would have ended up in landfill.

So definitely go with a longer guarantee, the above suggestions are good.  John Lewis especially have taken things back with no questions after several years and in the case of a nearly 3 year old laptop, they said go and pick another one to the same value.

• ronnybronnyb Frets: 1742
    Richer sounds + 1
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33725
    Richer Sounds for anything under a grand.

We've used an Amazon shop called 'TV's and More' a few times though.
    Cheaper than Richer for higher end TV's as I think they are just a warehouse and not a retail entity.
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Richer Sounds, without question.
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6090
    tFB Trader
    Richer sounds. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2356
    John Lewis is where I get ours, for the warranty
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3062
    edited June 2018
    Richer Sounds or John Lewis - both offer five or six year warranties on most teles.

Having said that, I was disappointed with John Lewis' customer service recently.... despite requests, they never phoned me when they should have, and were slow in answering emails and tweets.