Selling all pedals individually vs selling as a job lot

What's Hot
bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
has anyone here any experience with selling all their pedals?  What's the best way to do this so I will make the most on them?  I'm thinking a job lot as I can ship the lot in one batch, or maybe individually is better, although you the have to factor in postage costs and the fact that some might not sell.  

Advice is appreciated.  
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10691
    edited June 2018
    They’ll all sell in the end and postage cost is passed to the buyer in some way or other, so individually (imo)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited June 2018
    Individually all the way.
    Finding someone that wants all the pedals you are selling in one hit will have slim odds
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    So do you reckon just list them all on here and the usual other places and wait it out?
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    I suspect you will have a lot more luck selling individually but there is no reason why you can’t put up an ad with individual prices and a discounted price for the whole package.    
    You might fall lucky and have one easy deal but at least you can gauge the interest in them separately.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1994
    Much easier to sell individually. 
  • rawk100rawk100 Frets: 1757
    Most definitely individually.
    Thanks again guys.  Looks like individually is the way to go.   I like @John_P  idea of discount for buying the whole package, or maybe offer discounts for buying more than one.  

I just jave have to make sure I really want to get rid of everything.  
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22111
    edited June 2018
    The rules with job lots on Ebay seem to be:

a) state how much the pedals cost from new. 
    b) take 20% of this price and use it as your auction/selling price
    c) throw in some patch leads
    d) exhort what a bargain it all is

If a job lot listing deviates from this formula, then you know it's nicked and is the sort of thing that will end up down at Crack Converters if not sold online. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Why you selling?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Individually.  That whole batch of pedals has to be to someone's liking to buy them as a job lot, and that's not common, or unless they're thinking of moving them on. A Strymon set e.g. a Timeline, Mobius, Flint etc) or anything similar,maybe, but individual pedals, and I''m assuming different brands, nah.

Sure. You'll need to package and post each one of them as and when they sell, but you'll probably make more money and as others have said, let the price reflect the postage. Note: To give you an idea, I sent a boxed, Way Huge Pork Loin this week Special Delivery, Next Day and that cost £8.60 and that's a slightly bigger pedal than your usual stuff (Boss, MXR etc).

GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    I'd say individually but offer combined postage at a reduced rate and/or discount for multiple purchases.
    Why you selling?

I haven't really been using individual pedals as much recently.  I have mostly been just using my Boss GT-1 and am happy enough with that.  I'm just a bedroom player so I don't really have any call for loads of pedals when the GT-1 can give me the tones I need. 

The thing is I need to be 100% sure I want to sell them.  I'm going to have a look over the weekend and weed out what I'm certain about flogging off.   

• JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I sold most of mine off for pretty much the same reason. I haven't regretted it at all although i thought i would. As long as you have the ones you use/think you will need then imo put them up for sale individually, (if you don't need the cash quickly avoid auctioning. Buy it now price or best offer with a mark up to enable a cut price if you get the right offer. (ime some people who offer tend to buy it now as they dont want to lose the item to a better offer so hold your horses you have about 48 hrs to accept. (ebay).
    If your not in a hurry to sell just hold out for what you think is reasonable and Only Send Signed For Delivery!. I only ever sent one item out and forgot to do it signed for. Guess what .The buyer didn't receive the parcel and royal Mail only refunded me £23 for an item worth a lot more. Good Luck