Mad Professor Little Tweedy

What's Hot
AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
Anyone used one of these?  I’mlooking At putting a new pedalboard together and want something that will give me a Fender Deluxe Reverb type tone - use Mesa Boogie Blue Angel and would be using Blades R2/RH4/Texas Vintage62//PRS Swamp Ash Special/McCartys in the main.  Thanks for any feedback and advice.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AuldReekieAuldReekie Frets: 196
    Bump - surely someone has used one? 
  • rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    Not this but if you’re after a tweed deluxe tone, take a look at the Wampler tweed 57. Brilliant if you want that thing. Drive all the way down to get that in the edge tone is perfect. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

Not this but if you’re after a tweed deluxe tone, take a look at the Wampler tweed 57. Brilliant if you want that thing. Drive all the way down to get that in the edge tone is perfect. 
    Thanks for the suggestion; I'll certainly investage that option
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    Sorry, I haven't, but MP pedals are generally, very good. I can, however, recommend the Catalinbread Formula 5F6 for nice tweedy tones and there's a switch inside the pedal that changes it into a higher gain beast.

Owned one and really liked it and the tone-shaping it had on offer
    Another thank you and another option for me to consider; Cheers
  • Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    Are you after Deluxe Reverb (blackface) or Tweed Deluxe? 
    If the former look no further than the Wampler Black 65. If the latter, The Lovepedal Les Lius is the best I've had. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    If the former look no further than the Wampler Black 65. If the latter, The Lovepedal Les Lius is the best I've had. 
    Checked you tube of the Black 65 and think that is what I’m looking for. Seems thatedal is discontinued so will have to look for pre owned.  Thanks for the tip 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6691
    The 5F6 is amazing. The Les Lius brilliant sounding but not enough control for me. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • Grocer_JackGrocer_Jack Frets: 258
    Checked you tube of the Black 65 and think that is what I’m looking for. Seems thatedal is discontinued so will have to look for pre owned.  Thanks for the tip 
    It's great on the low gain toggle setting. It has that real blackface low end 'thump' - tight and crystal clear in the highs. I don't really have a use for the higher gain settings. 
  • markjmarkj Frets: 914
    I had one, returned to Andertons for a refund. I bought it on the strength of Youtube videos, It just wasn't what I was after.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Wisdom.  Blackface tone is different from Tweed.

Not sure what other pedals there are that do that type of sound but I've played the Wampler and it is a good pedal.
    crunchman said:
    Wisdom.  Blackface tone is different from Tweed.

Not sure what other pedals there are that do that type of sound but I've played the Wampler and it is a good pedal.
    Thats exactly what I have found out listening to samples and its the blackface tone that appeals now; however both the Boss and Wampler pedals have been discontinued and struggling to find another one that gives this sound.