0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    A pic I forgot to add yesterday.

lectrics all soldered up.

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    poopot said:
    DrBob said:
    I bloody love this. My weapon of choice is a fat necked Oly White HSS relic Strat so this is right up my Strasse.The only thing I’d change is I think the colour of the SSS guard looks better 
    I’m with you on that. The sss guard is proper fender whereas the hss was as cheap as I could find :)
    I do worry that you’re inside my head a bit. The last three of yours that I’ve seen (This, Red La Cab, Snakehead Esquire) I’ve wanted them all !
    DrBob said:
    poopot said:
    DrBob said:
    I bloody love this. My weapon of choice is a fat necked Oly White HSS relic Strat so this is right up my Strasse.The only thing I’d change is I think the colour of the SSS guard looks better 
    I’m with you on that. The sss guard is proper fender whereas the hss was as cheap as I could find :)
    I do worry that you’re inside my head a bit. The last three of yours that I’ve seen (This, Red La Cab, Snakehead Esquire) I’ve wanted them all !
    The red la cab? That wasn’t one of mine!... the snake head was tho’ and call it coincidence or fate... @merlin (who bought it from me) has just put it up for sale!!!! 
    http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/134933/snakehead-telecaster-replica-tribute#latest ;)

Woops ok, well I think you should deffo build a LaCab so as I can obsess over that too ;-)

Funnily enough even though my Strat is without question my main guitar, I'm currently without it. My Brother In Law has just taken up guitar (classic mid life crisis move I reckon) he started out using his daughters Epi Sg jr but then he was tound at ours one day he picked up my Strat and fell in love with it, he's a big guy too, hands like shovels so the fatter neck really suits him.

He's not having that one as it's all top parts (GSP Basses neck & bod, LAMF 68 NItro, Wudtone Trem, Mojo Pickups) but I was thinking that I might end up trying to put something similar together for him on the cheap....
    If nothing else to get my one back !
    Next project is well underway... just waiting on the neck to be finished (vintage correct slab board :) )

heres a sneak peak of whats to come ;)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Yep, like that too..
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 410
    Great colour on the Tele.  Tasteful aging as well.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6776
    edited June 2018
    @poopot how did you get the Snakehead neck to look used/dirty, but not skanky? Is that an oil or stain?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    poopot said:
    Next project is well underway... just waiting on the neck to be finished (vintage correct slab board :) )

You'll be glad to know your neck is done now
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
    poopot said:

You'll be glad to know your neck is done now

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    mrkb said:
    @poopot how did you get the Snakehead neck to look used/dirty, but not skanky? Is that an oil or stain?
    The neck was bought already done and finished... but it’s lacquerd I know that much.