Joe Bonamassa "British Blues Explosion"

OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
OK...
My feelings toward Joe Bonamassa are mostly that he puts out too much material, I don't normally like live albums and Kevin Shirley effectively puts Bonamassa in a box and stifles his creativity.

However unoriginal another live album comprising entirely of covers may be for a blues artist, I thought I'd give it a go. 

Results are both pleasing and surprising. 
I actually didn't listen to it once through and dismiss it. I didn't even glance over it and go "it's just another live CD in the pile". No, I actually listened to it several times already and like it. 

The overall sound and vibe is better than even the "Live at the Greek" album. I have no idea why I was even drawn to it but it's great and I found the songs were not a 'chore' to listen to.

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited July 2018
    I like it, I think the choice of songs is pretty tasteful and he bangs out some excellent versions. Needless to say his guitars all sound excellent.

• Superb driving album. None of the bombastic cheesy numbers on his studio albums. Just a lot of great guitar playing and damn fine solos. 
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1057
    Will give it a listen. He's an excellent player but his original stuff doesn't really do it for me. Love checking his stuff on Youtube/Instagram though.
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    And the sound you get from the cd is about the same as being there - best live sound ever I think.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    rlw said:
    And the sound you get from the cd is about the same as being there - best live sound ever I think.
    I agree, JB's latest live albums have had amazing sound quality, I reckon those perspex screens in front of his amps really help with getting a great recorded tone.

• rlwrlw Frets: 4692
    We had very good seats seven rows back from the front - honestly, you could have been listening to a hi-fi; the sound was soooooo good.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.