What you doing today, Sunday?

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
edited June 2018 in Off Topic
We're in the garden and having a BBQ and beers listening to Radio X ahead of watching the footie, I have my England shirt on like a proper ‘North Lynn Council Houser’ singing “I'm English ‘til I Die”.

never forget your roots...

what are you up to today?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    Ironing and listening to Cerys on 6Music (she can be real annoying sometimes).......game at 1:00. I don't need to revisit all the punditry that goes on before.

No England shirt I'm afraid.

Roots not forgotten anyway. 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15483
    some fiddle practice, then sitting in the garden in the shade of a big old beech tree avoiding doing any work. Annoyingly, I've got a job on tomorrow which requires chainsaws, and I need to fix mine, so I guess that'll have to be done. 
    Too nice for work. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• SporkySporky Frets: 28013
    Hmm. Walked the dog, need to pack some old Matchbox cars I'm selling, some cello practice ahead of my lesson later, then cook dinner.

I might do a tweak to some VB code for work - an idea came to me while out in the woods this morning.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Bit of gardening, bit of ironing, watching the footie, visiting my mother. Looking in here cause some of those things don’t hold my attention well. 
    Giving some thought to what to eat with the match, looking like baked beans on toast and a can of diet Fanta. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    edited June 2018
    Footie at one and again at four, and possibly the first half of the one at seven...

Then down the pub for the weekly Sunday Music Quiz and 3 pints of Moorhouses' Stray Dog.

*edit* can't spell "the"...

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Laying on the sofa nursing an aching shoulder after being dumped very unceremoniously out of the back of a moving BMW X5 when the lower tailgate unlatched itself on a leafy country lane in Essex yesterday...

and watching the football!...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Outside in the Sun .. footie .. F1 and cold beers.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Just done some lamb on the bbq, now doing flatbreads on bbq whilst missus does feta salad ready for footie. 
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Sitting in the back garden with an acoustic while our dog runs round being her usual idiot self.  I’ve been putting off cleaning the kitchen and emptying the trash since breakfast.  

After I get the kitchen cleaned I’m cooking some teriyaki pork tenderloin and baked potatoes on the bbq.  
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    Shoulder of lamb in the slow cooker, load of washing in the dryer and currently catching up some work I've been putting off for the last couple of weeks.  Hoping to be finished in a couple of hours so I can go for a wander up into the hills and enjoy the sunshine.
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3396
    Holding the wife’s hair back while she’s throwing up after a monster migraine, listening to the tossers in the house behind talk like they’ve been football managers all their lives.

Would give anything to be out on the bike right now.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    Went 2 hours Trout fishing at 6 am
    Done a bit of Hanging baskets and had a very good late breakfast
    Riding Motorcycle for the afternoon
    Going Waterskiing and Barbecue at 6pm this evening
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    Oh,and listening to Jimmy Buffet whilst drinking Margaritas later
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28013
    Sporky said:
    Hmm. Walked the dog, need to pack some old Matchbox cars I'm selling, some cello practice ahead of my lesson later, then cook dinner.

I might do a tweak to some VB code for work - an idea came to me while out in the woods this morning.
    I've done all of these apart from the lesson and the dinner now. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8689
    Arranged a song, and sent the score and a rough demo to my bass player for his thoughts. Taken my wife to buy curtain lining fabric. Started turning a walnut bowl as a birthday present for a friend.

If it doesn’t get too hot in the workshop then I’ll finish the bowl. If it does then I’ll work on a dual amp idea for the AxeFX. When the day cools down we’ll go for a walk. Later still I’ll look around the forum, clean the spam filter, and maybe chastise a freeloader for posting an inadequate For Sale thread.

The really great thing is that, being retired, I don’t have to think about going to work tomorrow.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6869
    Booked the day as holiday to watch the england game and the f1. Then I’ll sleep. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    Up at 4am with daughter... Watched the spongebob movie (1st one obv) and then staggered to the park at before 9.. 
    There for an hour, before home and a snack.. then off out on pram trying to get her to nap.. took longer then planned to get to nap, then sat drinking coffee. 
    She's now awake after and hour and 10mins naps.. made her lunch and now having a sit down while trying to work out something to do that doesn't involve moving.. 

Going to make a coffee.. 
    Yay Sundays! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    VimFuego said:
    I've got a job on tomorrow which requires chainsaws
    Banjo repairs? ;)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Sitting in the garden, drinking beer and taking photos of the gorgeous, old aeroplanes that are flying overhead today.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12325
    Went for a bike ride at 7 then took my son to the car boot sale which he loves. Barbecued some bacon and made bacon and egg rolls.  Just had two beers watching footy. Two more games to watch and some pizzas for tea later.