eBay shadey seller

What's Hot

Comments

• andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    Who knows how old that pic is - the one that the seller used...………...if the neck broke in transit then there would be evidence such as small chips of paint in the case
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Who knows how old that pic is - the one that the seller used...………...if the neck broke in transit then there would be evidence such as small chips of paint in the case
    there is none, i checked and double checked. at the end of the day it was not the guitar i thought i was buying so for once i'm glad of Ebays policies 
    oh it gets better

Seller has now emailed me asking if i can arrange the courier if he paypals me £20 as its " a right pain in the arse" arranging it. my response was nope i havent got the time 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mbembe Frets: 1840
    It's a vintage guitar though, surely it must be worth thousands. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    You are too lenient. 

I would have pointed out the fact that buying a guitar in good faith, only for it to end up being not as described and clearly a fraudulent sale as a veritable 12”x3” dildo of pain in the arse compared to his minor slightly-itchy-ringpiece of a problem of having to “arrange a courier”
  • andrewawardandrewaward Frets: 1155
    It should be simple for him to arrange it through ebay……...that way ebay supplies the label and therefore knows the tracking number...…...when the parcel is delivered back to him ebay knows about it and refunds the money very quickly.
    You are too lenient. 

I would have pointed out the fact that buying a guitar in good faith, only for it to end up being not as described and clearly a fraudulent sale as a veritable 12”x3” dildo of pain in the arse compared to his minor slightly-itchy-ringpiece of a problem of having to “arrange a courier”
    this has been pointed out, although in a slightly more PC fashion :-) andrewaward said:
    It should be simple for him to arrange it through ebay……...that way ebay supplies the label and therefore knows the tracking number...…...when the parcel is delivered back to him ebay knows about it and refunds the money very quickly.
    Also been pointed out that ebay have a return policy and i expect him to follow it to the letter. also pointed out he can just refund me and i can use the guitar for firewood in the winter, but i would be happy to send him his " burstbuckers " back 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14423
    mikeyrob73 said: 
    Also been pointed out that ebay have a return policy and i expect him to follow it to the letter. also pointed out he can just refund me and i can use the guitar for firewood in the winter but i would be happy to send him his " burstbuckers " back 
    This bit is important. If this vendor is in the habit of behaving this way, eBay needs a proper record of it. 

By itself, one shady deal means little to eBay. (They will have taken a selling fees cut.) The combination of shady dealing practices plus repeated ID name changes looks crooked.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3144
    tFB Trader
    I've taken the liberty of enhancing the 5/5 eBay photo, looks like the crack/repair was already there

*I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    edited June 2018 tFB Trader
    oh it gets better

Seller has now emailed me asking if i can arrange the courier if he paypals me £20 as its " a right pain in the arse" arranging it. my response was nope i havent got the time 
    Do not accept this under any circumstances. It sounds to me like he wants to push the damage claim onto you. He definitely has not opened a claim with Parcelforce yet as they demand photos of the damage and of the packaging and will ask that you don't return the item until they decide if they want to inspect it themselves. They will also emaii/write to you for confirmation of the damage.
    Therefore I believe he wants you to buy the return postage so you have the contract with the carrier, and he will then claim the damage was done during this delivery, making you responsible for the claim.
    Keep all contact through ebay message system and if necessary get eBay to force him to send the return label. As standard it is the seller's responsibility to pay for not as described returns and ebay have shipping options set up so he can purchase the label through them wit ha couple of clicks - hardly any effort required at all
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    ^What this guy said - he’s trying to short circuit the returns process effectively. How much was this guitar exactly? 
    Yeah he has sent me a returns label through eBay now so all good, I basically told him none of this is my problem and it’s down to him to sort, if he doesn’t eBay will refund me regardless. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    £189.99 plus £20 shipping @BloodEagle ;
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Wow, so not much - Interesting that the seller is willing to try and jump through so many hoops for a pretty small amount, but who knows what motivates people I guess 
    edited June 2018
    Who knows ;;

it should have been a nice enough guitar if it was a described but hey ho we live and learn

never trust the Irish ;-)

*this post has been edited to add a small smiley face to ensure that people with thin skin/lack of humour/lack of knowledge of my sense of humour ( which is not in the closet @Bridgehouse) understand that this statement was made in jest, I find the Irish lovable and charming. All of them. 
    3reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Well 

have known my luthier for over 10 years and he is a genius I can only assume it was a mistake or oversight.
    He has never let me down before.
    I never thought to question it as I thought the pickups sounded fine.” 

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Well 

“ have known my luthier for over 10 years and he is a genius I can only assume it was a mistake or oversight.

It's an expensive business keeping your own luthier. I wonder if he lets other people use him as well to offset the cost? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22780

have known my luthier for over 10 years and he is a genius I can only assume it was a mistake or oversight.

And whilst playing it - to establish that the pickups sounded fine - I completely failed to notice the bleedin' obvious neck break.
    Aye I’m just humouring him now. Not really that bothered with way tbh just want the guitar gone and my cash back. 

Shall certainly be watching ebay with interest to see if it comes back up for sale. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    He keeps his luthier in the cellar with his Russian paid for bride and his collection of scammers weekly
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom