Twin humbucker, two volume, two tone wiring

Is this as good a diagram to follow as any?
The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72312
    Yes. The only change you might want to make is to "50s wiring" which retains a bit more treble as you turn down the volume controls and makes all the controls slightly more interactive. (Although some people find the second part annoying.)

You do this by moving the link wires between the volume and tone controls to the middle terminals of the volume controls instead of the left terminals.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ewalewal Frets: 2583
    Thanks ICBM. I'd seen variations like that but wasn't sure of the effect. It probably won't make much difference to me either way, because my use of the controls is not very intricate or artistic - sadly nearly always having everything on 10! This guitar might be a bit different though because of the two volume configuration. I found I made much more use of the volume controls the last time I had a guitar like this (Ibanez Artist), to adjust the balance between the pickups in the middle position.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience