SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Marshall '2104' - JMP 50w 2x12 Combo

What's Hot
I've decided to sell my old 1981 Marshall JMP 50w combo as I'm just not playing it anymore and need to move house soon. Was just wondering if you can help me settle on a realistic price to let it go for ?

It's in superb condition and only had two owners, me and the guy I bought it off maybe 18-20 years ago. He told me it'd just sat in his front room for most of its life and he fancied a Fender amp for a change. Although it sounds incredible, it's never been my number one amp and truthfully I've only gigged it 5-10 times. I had it serviced by Dave Hunter of classicvalveamps.co.uk about a year ago, who replaced the valves (or at least some of) and since then I haven't turned it on except just to check it worked. The only real cosmetic damage to the amp is from when I had a leak in my old studio, and some water dripped down the front of the grill, which didn't get into the amp or speakers... so it's in incredible condition, especially for the age.

My friend, who knows a thing about old amps told me between £850-900 is certainly realistic. Just wondering what you all reckon ? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited June 2018

My friend, who knows a thing about old amps told me between £850-900 is certainly realistic. Just wondering what you all reckon ? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks

Cranes had one recently, bit older than yours (though in good condition) for £899.

I had one of these and take interest in ads when they come up, I think that's higher than ones I've seen listed here – using the advanced search should pull up some old ads and help you gauge a realistic price to ask.

I miss mine, the only bit of gear of really regret selling, I'd have no real use for it now but it was a birth year bit of gear and did quite a few gigs with me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  paganskins said:
    I had one of these and take interest in ads when they come up, I think that's higher than ones I've seen listed here – using the advanced search should pull up some old ads and help you gauge a realistic price to ask.

Good to know, thanks for letting me know. Will check out the old ads to see what they've been listed at. Thanks !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Pictures always help the cause...

I have a '78 all original one of these that I'm gonna move on at some point but will not list it yet as it's only right to let this have its chance..

Great sounding amps ..  bloody heavy mind!!

GLWS

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom