Cheap night vision cams?

What's Hot
RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
We've caught glimpses of so much wildlife visiting or living in our garden...owls, bats, foxes, possibly badgers.... and I'd love to be able to see where they go, what they do etc but obviously most of this happens at night.  

Is there such a thing as a cheap night vision camera, that would enable us to record the comings and goings of wildlife?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    Amazingly most of the cheap CCTV cameras selling on Amazon have night vision that works genuinely well.  We actually stuck a few up at work in lieu of spending a couple of grand on a proper system, and they do a solid job.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited June 2018
    I got one of these for my lad last birthday:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crenova-Wildlife-Detection-Updated-Protected-white/dp/B00V9HPAB2

He loves springwatch and all those shows.....however we've mainly got shots of neighbourhood cats and various birds....but we did get a little wild mouse the other day.

It does stills and video, you can set how long the video clip is, how many pictures, how sensitive the triggers are and all that.

I'll post some sample pics in a moment. (edit, sorry thought I had some on my laptop but I don't)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3065
    I got one of these for my lad last birthday:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Crenova-Wildlife-Detection-Updated-Protected-white/dp/B00V9HPAB2

He loves springwatch and all those shows.....however we've mainly got shots of neighbourhood cats and various birds....but we did get a little wild mouse the other day.

It does stills and video, you can set how long the video clip is, how many pictures, how sensitive the triggers are and all that.

I'll post some sample pics in a moment. (edit, sorry thought I had some on my laptop but I don't)
    Looks good, thanks.  
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12353
    Course you want it to look at wildlife Rob : )  Nice bit of nature, nudge,nudge, wink, wink say no more.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom