Seems the road to Damascus goes through the Fens. @Funkfingers & @ICBM - you might want to sit down for this one..
Spent most of the evening playing bass and working on some band stuff - mostly acoustic arrangements and a variety of other stuff.
I split my time equally between the 64P and my ACG Finn 4. The 64 tends to be home player choice number 1, and the Finn is getting to being gigging choice number 1.
Well. After much consideration I have decided that the Finn is a better bass than the 64. Why?
- Asymmetric Neck. Love it.
- Nearly flat board. Love it too.
- Punch on the pickup is just sublime - it has a serial/parallel switch which goes from subtle buzz to all out raucous thump.
- Shape - it's more comfortable to wear
- Weight - it's a lot lighter
- Machineheads - dunno what they are but they are bloody good
- Balance - very comfortable balance as well
So I'm a 100% Precision man. Sadly, I think the best precision ever made looks nothing like one, is handmade in Scotland, and is as left field as they come.
I've ordered more meds and the nurse is attempting to strap me to the bed as we speak.