Two Notes CAB

sw67sw67 Frets: 230
Hi - in my quest to reduce the stuff i take to small gigs i now use my helix direct to the pa. As i still have my pedal board with thorpy warthog and delay , chorus etc i was wondering if i could use a Two notes CAB after my pedalboard if the helix has issues. I don't have a preamp pedal and they say it can be done in the manual but its a lot of money to sound crap

Has anyone tried it and how did you get on. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283

I tried it - it worked pretty well.

But, I wouldn't say it would be my first choice - there's nothing wrong with the technology, and you can get close - but it's relatively large and expensive for that scenario.

If you're wanting it as a backup - I'd likely go for a Tech 21 Fender type pedal, and use the pedals in front for drive etc.

When I owned the CAB I used it a lot less than I expected

• CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    You could also buy a Firehawk for cheaper and it’s a reasonable drop in replacement for the Helix
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    Thanks for the ideas - i def want to use my pedals into the desk as a back up rather than another multi fx if thats doable 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited July 2018
    I use a POD2 as a back up amp to run pedals into if needed. The bespoke carry case makes for an easily transported back up solution.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    You can get the Joyo/Harley Benton pedals that are inspired by knockoffs of the Tech 21 character pedals for around £20 second hand.  That would be fine for a backup.
  • sw67sw67 Frets: 230
    Thanks guys - in the end i thought it was daft spending loads on something i might never need esp as i have a full pedalboard and MJW amp to fall back on. Went for a Joyo American sound pedal to throw in my bag when traveling light to small gigs
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    edited July 2018
    I'm wondering if this will sound any good
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/nux_solid_studio_ir_pow_amp_sim.htm?