Instruments/gear you MUST get around to fixing ... sometime

What's Hot
  • Cheapo spanish guitar, not that I like them that much but for completeness it would be nice to keep a playable one. Mine was rescued from some twit that had put steel strings on it.
  • Watkins Copicat  (solid state version) Used once but needs a new tape loop (maybe new record/playback heads if you can get them)
Anyone else?
"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3581
    My marshall has been in dry dock for months now, it needs a recap but brother in law has arthritis and can't hold tools now. Not sure who else to trust it to. He also has my Roland Chorus echo, the chorus stopped working, same problem about trust, I do have the circuit diag and engineers nerd notes but it's beyond my skills so I'm not attempting that.
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @ESBlonde Paul Glazebrook is your man. He knows his shit. He's on the Kesgrave side of Ipswich. 01473-624517
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    I have an AT4040 with an intermittent fault, it gets noisy and loses high end some of the time during use.  I didn't have time to work out what had gone wrong last year and ordered a new one so I could keep recording the next day.  I still haven't got around to sorting it out.
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 878
    My Fender The Strat is still sitting in pieces in my wardrobe...
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
    My first ever guitar. A stagg strat copy. 
    Its truss rod is broke at the nut.. 

Worth fixing financially? Nope. 
    But the sentimental value is huge, so one day I’ll have a neck made to fit and upgrade the rest of the components til just the body remains... 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    @skunkwerx reminds me of Trigger's broom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6848
    @skunkwerx reminds me of Trigger's broom
    Pretty much! Somehow it will still feel like the same thing... like the body encompasses the soul or some bullshit that I’ll use to justify it! 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • roundthebendroundthebend Frets: 1137
    I have a Harley Benton cabinet, and a pair of Celestion V12 (I think) speakers that I need to join together. I intend to buy a small valve amp, or even build a kit, to run through it. But I haven't been playing electric guitar much lately (years) so it hasn't figured high on my agenda. It's a project I want to complete though.

Must cut the string ends off my acoustic which I finally got round to restringing recently. It sounds lovely now, but the jangle of those loose ends is annoying - I just haven't been bothered to find my wire cutters.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1083
    My Wampler Triple Wreck overdrive pedal, the LED light doesn't come on when you press it and there's no change of sound, just a hiss noise.

And not a fix but my old Marshall 1960B cab could do with 2 new V30's in there, I put 2 in there to mix with G1275-T's but it still sounds crap.
  • pigfacepigface Frets: 213
    My BOSS GT-3 stopped saving patches a few years ago. I changed the internal battery and it still didn't work. I bought a Zoom G5 and the BOSS is still sitting on the shelf, unloved.
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1370
    My partner has a japanese aria bass with pretty nuts forward neck bow. She can't afford to throw money at it to make it playable and I don't really have the tools/skills to attack the job 
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    My aria diamond pro hollow 335 style bass needs a re-wire and a pickup changed
  • mr-macmr-mac Frets: 200
    bbill335 said:
    My partner has a japanese aria bass with pretty nuts forward neck bow. She can't afford to throw money at it to make it playable and I don't really have the tools/skills to attack the job 

Keep eyes open for destroyed/really broken one and swap neck if it's a bolt on one.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    One day my Tele kit will be finished and reassembled. I started it early this year but it was too cold. Now it's too hot. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7959
    Sesh said:
    One day my Tele kit will be finished and reassembled. I started it early this year but it was too cold. Now it's too hot. 
    I bought all the parts for a Tele because my girlfriend said she’d paint it for my Christmas present. 

It’s still not painted... 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26878
    I have a mandolin that’s needed a new nut and tuners and some work on the bridge since before I met MrsF. We met almost 14 years ago...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72211
    bbill335 said:
    Probably just needs the truss rod tightening.

You just need a 5mm Allen key - free with every piece of Ikea furniture :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 189
    edited July 2018
    My neighbour's small practice amp. Well, at least have a look at it and see if I can spot anything obvious. Fortunately he knows I don't like rushing into things so it may be sat with me for some time... I'm sure he'd like it back at some point though.
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    My little Fender Champ 12 (red knob).
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1370
    ICBM said:
    bbill335 said:
    Probably just needs the truss rod tightening.

You just need a 5mm Allen key - free with every piece of Ikea furniture :).
     it's badly stripped, nothing that fits can turn it. I've contemplated getting the stewmac tapered hex tool but... shipping, duties,etc... haven't got round to it.