Classical / Nylon string - No truss rod query

Hi guys. I recently acquired a used classical/flamenco style guitar. Solid top and no truss rod.
Fool that I am, I left it overnight in the car last week and when I went out the next morning the heat in the car was pretty full on.
Anyway, I took it back in. I can see that the neck has slightly bowed around the 7th/8th fret. Nothing too bad, but you can see it when you look down the neck.

As there is no truss rod, can this be fixed? Once the weather changes, it might right itself. I don't know...

I've ordered some humidifers in the meantime but will be careful with these too.

Any advice on how to care for these guitars with no truss rods?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    Don't do anything drastic - leave it in normal temperature and humidity for a couple of weeks. It may well sort itself out without any further treatment.

Be careful with humidifying it - it might actually make things worse. It was probably not only too hot but also too humid in the car, hot air holds more humidity than cold (contrary to what you might expect).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1387
    edited July 2018
    ok, I'll be careful with it! Maybe once it cools down, it'll be ok.

I ordered a planet waves GH humidifying system and a Planet waves PW-HPK-01 humidity control pack but might not use them to be safe. One is a humidifier/dehumidifier and the other is just a humidifier...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    They're not bad things to have, but I wouldn't do anything until you know there's something that needs doing (and what).

I once fixed a badly warped Eko Ranger by leaving it in a cupboard for a year :). Actually I had just forgotten about it... when it came to me it had been left in a damp pub basement and both the neck and body looked like they were beyond saving, so I put it away in case any of the parts were ever useful. But when I found it again, there was nothing wrong with it at all!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ok, good to know!
    Seems to have improved a bit as the weather has cooled down.