Megatone acoustic AC30R

ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

Son in France say he has one "not working". AFAICT it 'pops' when switched on but nothing plays through it.

Always hard to get a straight story from son because he is invariably NOT in the town where the kit is when he thinks to contact me!

Anything known? Seems a variant that goes under the name "Freshman" so I suspect a bit of 'passing off' there with a nod to "Fishman"?

Dave.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    That reminds me - I have a Freshman AC60R that I'm trying to get rid of. Cheap Chinese junk. I acquired it as a not-really-economic repair... blown PT, and of course getting the OEM one isn't easy so a bit of faffing with something nearly right was required. Even fixed, it's not great - sounds cheap, and has clanky reverb and seasick chorus. (Why do cheap acoustic amps always have chorus?!)

If there's a 30W version it will be even cheaper and it's probably barely worth looking at. If it pops on power-up it's not the PT though...

In fact if he wants mine he can have it for £50 plus whatever it costs to get it to him!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1589

Thanks for the info IC , I shall tell him not to spend much getting it fixed! Thanks also for the offer but for about a nifty I could probably get something from my old mates at Bs'. I hope one day his sister is going to drive over to visit then she can take his HT-20 head and Greenback cab!

With 1.25 eyes (but legal!) I don't trust myself far off the beaten, leave alone on the wrong side of the road!

Dave.