Hamstead Odyssey

What's Hot
Had this pedal for a few months now and it's an absolute stonker. All overdrive and distortion gas has been sated.
It Rats, it Big Muffs, it Tube Screams, it can do a righteously meaty Marshall stack thing. Some other drive pedals which ive previously owned which the Odyssey seems to grok with ease are (off the top of my head) Fairfield Barbershop, Dinosaural OPA 101, and Boss DS1. Thats just from tweaking on the suggested settings in the manual. I haven't even tried to really experiment and push it yet.
Bloody fantastic, if you're in the market for a new drive you owe it to yourself to try one! 
Anyone else got one and loving it? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30882
    Tried it and I thought it very good at a lot of things but not quite as good as others I already have. If tht makes sense.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    I have one as well. 
    Initial impressions have been very good. I didn't get a manual with mine. 
    Luckily you can download it from their site though :-D

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    It didn’t really work for me. I wanted to like it but it reminded me of the Dr Scientist the Elements.... jack of all trades master of none :s
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited July 2018
    @tone1 Id agree with you on the Elements, but i much prefer the sounds in the Odyssey. Ive mainly been switching between a high gain sound on C1 for Siamese Dream fun and a low gain sound on C3, just to add a bit of heat to the strat.

@meltedbuzzbox I found the manual made it easy to just dive in and get some recogniseable tones right off the bat with no messing. I found the classic rock and scooped metal settings to be super fun.

@gassage i get that. Ive developed a bit of a fetish for pedal board simplicity of late, so a single pedal with all the flex of the Odyssey is just the tonic for me right now.

I almost bought a second i enjoyed it so much. But in a last minute change of mind, decided to give the Petty John Lift a try, as they had one in stock at guitarfxditect and im pretty bloody pleased with that as well. But thats another post
    I am waiting for my Hudson Broadcast to turn up. 
    If that does an awesome low gain and mid gain sound I think I will swap out the Hamstead for a DOD Carcosa. 
    The Hamstead is very good and has a very nice open sound. I will spend some more time with it tomorrow and see whats what
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Ive managed to avoid Broadcast fever so far. It's not been too difficult as theres never any available when i have money.
    But based on what ive heard I would wager that the Broadcast might have edge over the Odyssey in the low gain department. 
  • AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 156
    edited July 2018
    Woke up today and im still loving the Odyssey :bleep_bloop: 
    got to admit I lost an hour playing it the other day. I do like the open sound it has