Put me out of my misery and name that tune in one

What's Hot
Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
Bumped into this video and there is a brief clip of a tune I know I know and i cant recall it been driving me crazy it should be easy but driving me bats its the first 30 secs before  the presenter starts. thanks

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Big Log - Robert Plant!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    thank you thank you thank you 
    I knew I knew it but could not drag it to the front of my brain.

cheers
  • TA22GTTA22GT Frets: 362
    Kebabkid said:
    Big Log - Robert Plant!
    Robbie Blunt playing that and to me it's one of the nicest Strat sounds ever recorded.

I met him once having a piss in the next urinal. We didn't shake hands.......
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited July 2018
    TA22GT said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Big Log - Robert Plant!
    Robbie Blunt playing that and to me it's one of the nicest Strat sounds ever recorded.

eh? To me that intro piece sounds over compressed (as was that 80s era style) and actually more like an electro acoustic!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

I don’t Remember  that much about the gig other than the guitar player was really good in an unflash way.

i have always thought Plant had had good guitar players in his bands besides the obvious Mr Page. 

Saw him about 10 years ago in Cambridge Corn Exchange can’t be easy being in a band where the audience keep calling out for Page.

even after all those years Guy was a solid pro
    57Deluxe said:
    TA22GT said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Big Log - Robert Plant!

eh? To me that intro piece sounds over compressed (as was that 80s era style) and actually more like an electro acoustic!
    Yes sorry! I meant to say the original was played by Robbie Blunt. That's not the original.

Missed out a vital part!
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    TA22GT said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Big Log - Robert Plant!

What did you shake then? :o
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:
    TA22GT said:
    Kebabkid said:
    Big Log - Robert Plant!

What did you shake then? :o
    Lol! I recognised him and we spoke afterwards. It was in a small social club in Franchie nr Kidderminster and I was down there visiting a few friends.
    To my surprise he came over to our table with his girlfriend and asked if he could join us! 
    Hmmm....yes!!
    He was an absolute top bloke and we had a great night. He had just left Plant and was looking for his next adventure. He had to play guitar synth with Plant but he's an absolute rock n roller so the Armani suits and synth wrre uneasy for him.
    I can't stress what a great guy he was and very gracious with his time.
    A night I will always remember.

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Sounds like a great experience! Not a massive follower of his solo career, but I wasn't aware Plant had a synth guitar period :o